This document is a quick start reference for audience who want to learn how to purchase and use Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances.
When purchasing and using Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, as an enterprise-level user, you must finish the following operations:
- Select configurations: Select types of ECS instances.
- Estimate costs: Estimate costs of a large-sized instance and specific configuration.
- Perform network planning: Perform network planning for a specific solution.
- Configure security groups: Configure the security group for an instance.
- Create and apply snapshot policies: Create and apply appropriate snapshot policies.
- Migrate images: Complete image migration.
- Implement ECS high availability by using Server Load Balancer.
|1. Query regions.||DescribeRegions||N/A||Region ID (RegionId)|
|2. Query zones.||DescribeZones||Region ID||Zone ID (ZoneId)|
|3. Determine the billing method.||DescribeZones||Billing method/Bidding policy||Resources in a zone|
|4. Query resource combinations.||DescribeZones||RegionId/Billing method||Resources in a zone|
This document is applicable only to operations performed in the console. If you are an API user, see API references.