HTTPS is a secure communication protocol based on HTTP and encrypted by using SSL. IoT Platform supports HTTPS. This article describes the HTTPS standard that is supported by IoT Platform.
Supported HTTP versions
IoT Platform uses HTTPS to ensure channel security.
- TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are supported. We recommend that you use TLS 1.2 for encryption. TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are previous versions and may pose security risks.
- Link SDK is configured with TLS 1.2. You do not need to configure the TSL protocol if you use Link SDK.
- Only HTTPS is supported.
- Request parameters cannot be specified after a question mark (?).
- The resource discovery feature is not supported.
- The HTTP standard is consistent with the MQTT standard. For more information, see MQTT standard.
- If IoT Platform identifies that a device submits data over HTTP in the last 10 minutes, the device is in the Online state. The status appears in the IoT Platform.