Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch only supports Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs). Before you purchase an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster, you must create a VPC and a VSwitch.
For more information about how to create a VPC and a VSwitch, see Create an IPv4 VPC.
During the creation, take note of the following items:
- If you want to use an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to access your Elasticsearch
cluster, the ECS instance and Elasticsearch cluster must reside in the same region.
Additionally, the following requirements must be met:
- If the ECS instance is connected to a VPC, the Elasticsearch cluster must also be connected to the VPC.
- If the ECS instance is connected to a classic network, follow the instructions provided in Access to an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster from a classic network to access the Elasticsearch cluster.
- If the ECS instance and Elasticsearch cluster are connected to the same VPC but reside in different zones, create a VSwitch in each of the zones. This ensures that the network is accessible between the zones.
- The VSwitch drop-down list only displays the available VSwitches in a specific VPC that reside
in the same zone as your Elasticsearch cluster.
- If no VSwitches are available in the zone, create a VSwitch in the zone. For more information, see Create a VSwitch.
- The number of available VSwitch IP addresses is at least 50. Otherwise, the system displays the Don't have enough private IPs in this switch message.