Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch clusters can be deployed only in virtual private clouds (VPCs). Before you purchase an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster, you must create a VPC and a VSwitch.
For more information about how to create a VPC and a VSwitch, see Create an IPv4 VPC network.
During creation, take note of the following items:
- If you want to use an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to access your Elasticsearch
cluster, the ECS instance must reside in the same region as the Elasticsearch cluster.
Additionally, the following requirements must be met:
- If the ECS instance is deployed in a VPC, the Elasticsearch cluster must also be deployed in the VPC.
- If the ECS instance is deployed in the classic network, follow the instructions provided in Access to an Alibaba Cloud Elasticsearch cluster from the classic network to access the Elasticsearch cluster.
- If the ECS instance and Elasticsearch cluster are deployed in the same VPC and region but different zones, create a VSwitch in each of the zones. This ensures that the network is accessible between the zones.
- The VSwitch drop-down list displays only the available VSwitches in a specific VPC that reside
in the same zone as your Elasticsearch cluster.
- If no VSwitches are available in the zone, create a VSwitch in the zone. For more information, see Create a VSwitch.
- At least 50 VSwitch IP addresses are available. Otherwise, the system displays the Don't have enough private IPs in this switch message.