The basic work flow of Quick BI is as follows.
- Create a data source.
- Create a dataset.
- Create a workbook, worksheet, or dashboard.
- Building a data portal
The basic components are as follows.
- Data Source
- Worksheet (Quick BI Basic)
- Workbook (Quick BI Pro and Professional edition)
- Portal (Quick BI Pro and Professional edition)
- From cloud database
- From external database
- Upload local files (personal workspace only)
You can create tables of different data sources as data sets. then edit, move, or delete a dataset.
For more information about how to create a dataset, see Create a dataset.
Dashboards use a more flexible tile layout to show interactions between data. A dashboard not only visualizes data but also supports data filtering and query and multiple data display modes to highlight the key fields of data.
Dashboard supports two kinds of display mode.
- Standard dashboard (for Quick BI Basic and Pro)
- Full-Screen dashboard (for Quick BI Professional)
In standard mode, the dashboard includes 17 kinds of charts and 5 widgets.
In full-screen mode, the dashboard includes 17 kinds of charts and 3 widgets.
For more information, see Charts overview.
The data portal is also known as the data product. and reporting products that use a menu structure. You can use a portal as part of a management analysis system, for it supports to be referenced by external links.
The portal function is only available for Quick BI Pro and Quick BI Professional edition.
For more information, see Create a portal.