An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) cluster is an environment that EDAS provides to deploy applications. If you want to host applications to an ECS environment in EDAS, you must first create an ECS cluster.
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is created. This applies to scenarios where you need to create an ECS cluster in a VPC. For more information, see Create an IPv4 VPC network.
- A namespace is created. This applies to scenarios where you require high security of resources and services. You can create a namespace for isolation. For more information, see Create a namespace.
- An Alibaba Cloud ECS cluster consists of ECS instances that Alibaba Cloud provides. In this topic, an Alibaba Cloud ECS cluster is created.
- A hybrid cloud ECS cluster consists of instances provided by Alibaba Cloud ECS, self-managed data centers, and other cloud service providers. These instances are interconnected over Express Connect circuits and added to hybrid cloud ECS clusters for management. For more information, see Create hybrid cloud ECS clusters.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the ECS Cluster page, select a region and a namespace. Then, click Create Cluster. You can select a namespace on this page or in the Create Cluster dialog box.
- If you need to isolate different namespaces, select the namespace that you create.
- If you do not need to isolate different namespaces, select Default from the Namespace drop-down list.
- In the Create Cluster dialog box, set the required parameters for the cluster, and click Create.
Parameter Description Cluster Name The name of the cluster. The name can be up to 64 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and periods (.). Cluster
- Alibaba Cloud: specifies an Alibaba Cloud ECS cluster.
- Non-Alibaba Cloud: specifies a hybrid cloud cluster. In a hybrid cloud cluster, the instances provided by Alibaba Cloud ECS, self-managed data centers, and other cloud service providers are interconnected over Express Connect circuits. For more information, see Create hybrid cloud ECS clusters.
Cluster Type Valid value: ECS. Cluster Network Type Valid values: Classic Network and VPC.Notice If Cluster is set to Non-Alibaba Cloud, this parameter can be set only to VPC. VPC Network After you select VPC, you must select a created VPC. Namespace The namespace to which the cluster belongs. By default, the namespace selected on the Clusters page is displayed. If no namespace is selected, Default is displayed in the Namespace drop-down list. Set this parameter as needed. Resource Groups The resource group to which the cluster belongs. The resource group is created by the current Alibaba Cloud account in the Resource Management console. This group is not an EDAS resource group. If no resource groups are available, click Create Resource Group to go to the Resource Management console and create a resource group. For more information, see Create a resource group.After a cluster is created, the Created. message appears on the top of the page, and the cluster appears in the cluster list.
What to do next
After you create a cluster, the cluster does not contain ECS instances and you must add ECS instances to the cluster. For more information, see Scale out an ECS cluster.