ApsaraVideo Player is free of charge. We recommend that you use it with services such as ApsaraVideo VOD, ApsaraVideo Live, and ApsaraVideo for Media Processing to obtain better experience. For example, you can switch between multiple resolutions, securely play videos, and download encrypted videos.
How do I upload and play a video on the client?
What can I do if ApsaraVideo Player SDK for iOS cannot play videos in the background?
ApsaraVideo Player SDK for iOS cannot play videos in the background after you press the Home button, even if you use the demo. To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- In Xcode, turn on Background Modes and enable the feature of collecting data in the background.
- Open the
AliyunPlayerVodPlayViewController.mfile in the vod folder.
- Find the resignActive method below the becomeActive method. Comment out the pause method in the resignActive method, as shown in the following figure.
What are the updates in each version of ApsaraVideo VOD?
For more information about the updates in each version of ApsaraVideo Player SDK, see Release notes of ApsaraVideo Player SDKs.
How can I obtain a playAuth for player debugging during client development?
During client development, you can use a Python script to obtain a playAuth for debugging. Perform the following steps:
- Install Python 2.7 and pip. This environment is built in MacOS and must be installed in Windows.
- Run the following commands on a terminal to install the SDK:
pip install aliyun-python-sdk-core pip install aliyun-python-sdk-vod
- Download the Python script. Use the AccessKey ID and AccessKey secret that you obtain from the Alibaba Cloud Management Console to replace the corresponding fields in the script. Then, obtain the video ID of an uploaded video from the ApsaraVideo VOD console and replace the corresponding field in the script.
- Run the following command in the directory where the Python script resides on the
- Check the obtained playAuth and video ID on the terminal.
- Play the video by using ApsaraVideo Player SDK based on the obtained playAuth and video ID.