This topic describes how to use the Kafka Manager service to manage an EMR Kafka cluster.
An EMR Kafka cluster is created. For more information, see Create a cluster.
Note By default, when you create a Kafka cluster, the Kafka Manager service is installed and the authentication feature of the service is enabled.
- Log on to the Kafka Manager web UI in SSH mode. For more information, see Create an SSH tunnel to access web UIs of open source componentsNote
- We recommend that you change the password if this is the first time you use the Kafka Manager service.
- To prevent port 8085 from being exposed, we recommend that you log on to the web UI in SSH mode. If you want to use http://localhost:8085 to log on to the web UI, you must configure an IP address whitelist to avoid data leak.
- On the logon page, enter the username and password configured for Kafka Manager.You can perform the following steps to obtain the username and password:
- Log on to the EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the page that appears, find the cluster and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cluster Service and then Kafka-Manager.
- Click the Configure tab. In the Service Configuration section, obtain the values of the following parameters:
- kafka.manager.authentication.username: the username that is used to log on to the Kafka Manager web UI
- kafka.manager.authentication.password: the password that is used to log on to the Kafka Manager web UI
- kafka.manager.zookeeper.hosts: the ZooKeeper hosts of the Kafka cluster
- On the Kafka Manager web UI, add your Kafka cluster.
- Enter the cluster name.
- Configure the ZooKeeper hosts of the Kafka cluster. Enter the value of the kafka.manager.zookeeper.hosts parameter that you obtained in Step 2.
- Select the Kafka version that corresponds to the Kafka cluster.
- Optional:We recommend that you enable JMX polling.After you add the Kafka cluster, you can use the common Kafka features.