“Alibaba Cloud Tech Share” Rules, Terms & Conditions (the “Official Rules”)
These Terms & Conditions apply to the “Alibaba Cloud Tech Share” campaign (the “Campaign”) being run on the Alibaba Cloud International Website (www.alibabacloud.com) (“Alibabacloud.com”), specifically on [https://www.alibabacloud.com/campaign/techshare] (the “Event Page”). Alibaba Cloud (Singapore) Private Limited (“Alibaba Cloud”), a company incorporated under the laws of Singapore and having its registered address at 1 Raffles Place, #59-00 One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616, has engaged the services of The Honey Partnership LLP (the “Agency”) to be the organizer and manager of this Campaign whereby the Agency will be responsible for the overall management of the Campaign and Alibaba Cloud will be responsible for the communication with Eligible Member (as defined below). By participating in the Campaign (including by submitting an Article Proposal or Article to Alibaba Cloud and/or the Agency), you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Campaign Period: The promotion begins on February 1st, 2018 and ends on Mar 31st, 2019 (the “Campaign Period”).
- Eligible Member: To be eligible to participate in the Campaign, you must be a registered member of Alibabacloud.com, except that employees, officers and directors of Alibaba Cloud or the Agency and their respective immediate family members, affiliated and subsidiary companies, any company involved in the Campaign, together with their agents are not eligible to enter (“Eligible Member”).
- Campaign-specific Rules: a) During the Campaign Period, Eligible Members may participate in the Campaign by visiting the Event Page and logging-in to Alibabacloud.com to submit an original proposal for a full-length article in accordance with the requirements set out in the submission page (“Article Proposal”) to the Agency and Alibaba Cloud in accordance with the instructions on the Event Page. There is no limit on the number of Article Proposals which may be submitted by each Eligible Member. Alibaba Cloud shall review each Article Proposal (including for originality and standard of the write-up), and shall, under normal circumstances, respond and provide feedback on each Article Proposal within two (2) business days of its submission. An Eligible Member whose Article Proposal is selected by Alibaba Cloud via the response described in the foregoing sentence (the “Selected Members”) shall be eligible to write the full article (the “Article”) based on the Article Proposal, incorporating any feedback from Alibaba Cloud (including confirmation of the topic) as may be provided. Alibaba Cloud is entitled to provide such feedback on the content of the Article and to require a revised draft of the Article to be re-submitted for review, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion. The Selected Member must then re-submit the Article for final review (“Final Review”) before such Selected Members are allowed to publish the approved Article (“Approved Article”) on the “Alibaba Cloud Blog (https://www.alibabacloud.com/blog) (the “Blog”). Any such approvals granted shall be conditional upon and subject to the Articles and/or Article Proposal meeting the requirements of Clause 5. All Approved Articles shall first be published on the Blog, and, subject to Alibaba Cloud’s prior approval, such Articles may thereafter be published by the Selected Member on his/her own blog or webpage, or other publication or social media platform after 24 hours. Only Approved Articles may be published on the Blog. The Agency reserves the right to remove any Approved Article and/or disqualify a Selected Member from this Campaign if any Article is posted on the Forum Page without the relevant approval from the Agency.b) Each Selected Member will find a referral code (the “Referral Code”) which he/she may insert in his/her Article within the Billing Management console of such Selected Member’s account with Alibabacloud.com.c) Rewards(i) Article Publishing Reward: Subject to the Selected Member’s compliance with these Official Rules (in particular, that Article Proposal(s) and/or Approved Article(s) submitted comply with the provisions of Clause 5), and subject to reward availability, during the Campaign Period, each Selected Member who has published an Approved Article on the Blog shall receive either US$200 or US$300 (as may be determined at the sole discretion of the Agency based on the complexity and innovative merit of the topic discussed in the Approved Article and the contents thereof) in cash or US$500 equivalent in Alibabacloud.com credits at the election of such Selected Member for such Approved Article (the “Article Publishing Reward”), subject to the restriction contained in clause 3(c)(iii). (ii) Article Quantity Reward: Subject to the Selected Member’s compliance with these Official Rules (in particular, that Article Proposal(s) and/or Approved Article(s) submitted comply with the provisions of Clause 5), and subject to reward availability, during the Campaign Period, each Selected Member shall receive US$150 cash or equivalent in Alibabacloud.com credits for every fifth article published. (iii) Referral Reward: Subject always to the Selected Member’s compliance with these Official Rules (in particular, that Article Proposal(s) and/or Approved Article(s) submitted comply with the provisions of Clause 5), and subject to reward availability, during the Campaign Period, each Selected Member shall also be entitled to US$20 equivalent in Alibaba.com credits and US$5 in cash if a user clicks on the Selected Member’s Referral Code, registers a new account with Alibabacloud.com (“New User”), and proceeds to spend at least US$20 (excluding the use of any coupons/vouchers) on Alibaba Cloud’s products available on Alibabacloud.com (“Alibaba Cloud Products”) during the Campaign Period, provided always that any outstanding payments attributable to such spending shall have been settled by the New User at the end of the relevant billing period (each, a “Referral Reward”). Alibaba Cloud may in its sole discretion determine whether a user is a New User (e.g. by carrying out relevant verification on information submitted by such user).Each Selected Member shall only (a) be entitled to receive one (1) Referral Reward for each New User that satisfies the conditions stated in this sub-paragraph, subject to the restriction contained in clause 3(c)(iii), and (b) receive up to a maximum of US$1,650 in cash for the Referral Rewards during the Campaign Period. Without prejudice to the restriction contained in clause 3(c)(iii), Selected Members registered as a corporate member on Alibabacloud.com shall only be eligible to receive the US$20 equivalent in Alibabacloud.com credits. These Official Rules shall not apply to any Referral Codes which is used by a New User after the Campaign Period and the use of such Referral Codes shall be subject to the terms and conditions of the Referral Program (https://www.alibabacloud.com/campaign/referral?spm=a3c0i.8938447.784497.1.60962a75sN2gQy). (iv) Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, if any Selected Member is registered as a corporate member on Alibabacloud.com, such Selected Member shall ONLY be eligible to receive Alibabacloud.com credits, and not cash.(v) Any payment of cash and Alibabacloud.com credits (as may be applicable) under this Campaign shall be processed on or about the 26th of each month. Selected Members should submit an invoice for payment to the Agency before the 26th of each month to ensure payment by the 26th of the following month. By way of illustration, (a) if a Selected Member’s Approved Article is published on the Blog on May 1st, he/she shall submit an invoice by May 26th to receive the Article Publishing Reward on or about June 26th and (b) if a Selected Member’s Approved Article is published on the Blog on May 31st, he/she shall submit an invoice by June 26th to receive the Article Publishing Reward on or about July 26th. In addition, if such Selected Member successfully refers users in accordance with the terms of this Official Rules during the month of June, the Selected Member shall receive his/her entitled Referral Rewards on or about July 26th. (vi) Alibaba Cloud and the Agency will not be held liable for any delayed payments caused by late invoice submissions, incorrect information in invoices, or any other issues related to payments.d) All entitlement for Rewards shall be determined in accordance with the records of the Agency, which shall be final and binding.
- General Rules:a) Any fraud and/or abuse under the Campaign by you (as determined by the Agency and/or Alibaba Cloud at their sole discretion) may result in forfeiture of your eligibility to the Rewards.b) In the event that the Campaign is ceased or suspended by the relevant authorities or due to serious network attacks or system faults, the Campaign may be terminated prematurely. Such situation shall constitute a force majeure event and Alibaba Cloud and/or the Agency shall not be liable for any damages or claims that arise out of the event. c) Alibaba Cloud and/or the Agency is not responsible for any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or otherwise.d) In the event that the Campaign becomes inoperable due to any computer network related reasons, you agree that Alibaba Cloud and/or the Agency shall not be held liable for any damages. e) The time and validity of any transactions and/or your eligibility under this Campaign shall be determined by the Agency at it sole discretion based on the Agency’s record, and in the event of any discrepancy between the Agency’s records and your records, you agree that the Agency’s record shall be conclusive and binding on you. f) Alibaba Cloud reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, by posting the amended Official Rules on Alibabacloud.com. The amended and restated terms of the Official Rules shall be effective immediately upon posting on Alibabacloud.com.g) The Agency reserves the right to suspend, terminate this Campaign or shorten the Campaign Period.h) The Agency reserves the right and absolute discretion to cancel or revoke your right to participate in the Campaign (including removal of your Approved Articles on the Blog) and/or seek recovery of any rewards already provided, upon discovery of your dishonest, malicious, fraudulent, unlawful or, in the opinion of the Agency, inappropriate acts in its participation in the Campaign without liability to you.i) In the event of disputes, the decision of the Agency shall be final and binding.
- Disclaimer: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ALIBABA CLOUD AND/OR THE AGENCY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CAMPAIGN, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT ALIBABA CLOUD AND/OR THE AGENCY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE STATED IN THIS OFFICIAL RULES, OTHER THAN PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS CAMPAIGN, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITIY OF ALIBABA CLOUD AND/OR THE AGENCY AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO, IN AGGREGATE, USD100.YOU FURTHER AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IN THE EVENT OF ANY BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR NON-PAYMENT OF REWARDS BY THE AGENCY, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS AGAINST THE AGENCY AS THE ORGANISER OF THE CAMPAIGN, IN NO EVENT WILL ALIBABA CLOUD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS ARISING THEREFROM, AND YOU SHALL HAVE NO RECOURSE AS AGAINST ALIBABA CLOUD IN CONNECTION WITH THE SAME.
- Indemnity: You hereby agree to indemnify and hold Alibaba Cloud, its respective affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless from and against any and all losses, claims and liabilities which may arise from your participation in this Campaign (including but not limited to the provision of Article Proposal(s) and/or Articles) or from your breach of these Official Rules.
- Disputes: You acknowledge and agree that Alibaba Cloud and/or the Agency or any of their respective affiliates shall not be responsible, and shall have no liability to it or anyone else for any dispute or claim that arises out of your participation in the Campaign.
- Governing Law: You agree that this Campaign is governed, interpreted and enforced by the laws of Singapore, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating to this Official Rules, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) under the Arbitration Rules of the SIAC (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The law of this arbitration clause shall be the laws of Singapore. The seat of arbitration shall be Singapore. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.