You can upgrade the synchronization topology of a data synchronization task from one-way to two-way in the DTS console.
- The types of source and destination databases of the data synchronization task are both MySQL.
- The synchronization topology of the data synchronization task is one-way synchronization.
- The status of the data synchronization task is Synchronizing.
- You can only upgrade the synchronization topology from one-way to two-way. You cannot downgrade the synchronization topology from two-way to one-way.
- The upgrade operation causes data synchronization latency of about 5 seconds. We recommend that you perform this operation during off-peak hours.
- Subscription instance
Total fee for upgrading the synchronization topology = (Daily fee of the instance after upgrade ‒ Daily fee of the instance before upgrade) × (Subscription expiration date ‒ Upgrade date)Note The daily fee of an instance after the upgrade depends on the number of remaining days from the upgrade date to the expiration date.
- If the number of remaining days is less than 300 days, the fee of the instance after upgrade equals the fee offered by monthly subscription.
- If the number of remaining days is greater than or equal to 300 days, the fee of the instance after upgrade equals the fee offered by annual subscription.
- Pay-as-you-go instance
After you upgrade the synchronization topology of a pay-as-you-go instance, you are still billed on an hourly basis. The fees are calculated based on the instance specification.
For more information about the pricing of DTS, see Pricing.
- Log on to the DTS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Synchronization.
- Find the target instance and click Upgrade in the Actions column.
- On the Upgrade page, set Synchronization Topology to Two-Way Synchronization.
Note In this step, you can also select a new specification.
- Select Data Transmission Service Agreement of Service and click Activate to complete the payment.