Alibaba Cloud optimizes the kernel of ApsaraDB for Redis in a continuous way to fix security vulnerabilities and improve service stability. You can upgrade the kernel version or the minor version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance with a few clicks in the console.
The upgrade procedure varies based on the architecture. For more information, see the following table.
|Read/write splitting instances|
- The Redis service remains unaffected during the phases of applying for resources, upgrading replica nodes, and synchronizing data.
- During the instance switchover or master/replica switchover, the instance experiences transient connections for a few seconds. The instance stays in the read-only state within 60 seconds until all data is synchronized. Upgrade the instance during off-peak hours and make sure that your application is configured with a reconnection mechanism.
- When you upgrade the major version of an instance of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0, Bloom
filter-related API operations, such as BF.ADD, are no longer supported.
Notice Bloom filter-related API operations on existing instances of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 are only for internal use. In addition, newly purchased instances of ApsaraDB for Redis 4.0 and major versions later than 4.0 no longer support Bloom filter-related API operations. Therefore, if you call Bloom filter-related API operations, you will fail to perform cache analytics and unknown errors may occur. We recommend that you change the instance to ApsaraDB for Redis Enhanced Edition (Tair) (Performance-enhanced instances) that supports the optimized Bloom filter.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the Basic Information section, click Minor Version Upgrade. Notice The system automatically detects the minor version of an instance. If you cannot click Minor Version Upgrade, it indicates that the instance is upgraded to the latest minor version.
- In the panel that appears, select the time when you want to perform the upgrade. Note The instance experiences transient connections for a few seconds and stays in the read-only state for 60 seconds or less during instance switchover or master/replica switchover. We recommend that you select Update During Maintenance. This way, the system performs the switchover operation within the maintenance window of the instance to minimize the impact. For more information about how to modify the maintenance window, see Specify a maintenance window.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Q: Why does an instance changes to the Upgrading Minor Version state after I select Update During Maintenance to upgrade the minor version?
|ModifyInstanceMinorVersion||Upgrades the minor version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|