Alibaba Cloud optimizes the kernel of ApsaraDB for Redis in a continuous way to fix security vulnerabilities and improve service stability. You can upgrade the kernel version or the minor version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance with a few clicks in the console.
The upgrade procedure varies by architecture. For more information, see the following table.
|Read/write splitting instances|
- The Redis service remains unaffected during the phases of applying for resources, upgrading replica nodes, and synchronizing data.
- During the instance switchover or master/replica switchover, the instance experiences transient connection errors. The instance stays in the read-only state for 60 seconds or less to wait until all data is synchronized. Upgrade the instance during off-peak hours and ensure that your application is configured with a reconnection mechanism.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instance List page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- In the Basic Information section, click Minor Version Upgrade.Notice The system automatically detects the minor version of the instance. If you cannot click Minor Version Upgrade, it indicates that the instance is upgraded to the latest minor version.
- In the dialog box that appears, specify a time to upgrade the minor version.Note The instance experiences transient connection errors within seconds and stays in the read-only state for 60 seconds or less during instance switchover or master/replica switchover. We recommend that you select Update During Maintenance. This way, the system performs the switchover operation within the maintenance window of the instance to minimize the impact. For more information about how to modify the maintenance window, see Set the maintenance window.
- Click OK.
Q: Why does the state of the instance change to Upgrading Minor Version after I select Update During Maintenance to upgrade the minor version?
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceMinorVersion||Upgrades the minor version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|