Alibaba Cloud continuously optimizes the kernel of ApsaraDB for Redis to provide more feature or fix known issues and enhance service stability. You can update the kernel version (minor version) of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance with a few clicks in the console.
|Standard master-replica instances||
|Proxy minor version||Proxy servers support hot updates. A proxy server of the new version can restore the connection based on the client connection information of the proxy server of the earlier version. This ensures uninterrupted connections. However, a millisecond-level latency jitter may occur during the update.|
|Proxy minor version||
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the top navigation bar of the page, select the region in which the instance is deployed.
- On the Instances page, click the ID of the instance.
- In the Basic Information section, you can view the minor version of the current instance.
- In the Basic Information section, move the pointer over Minor Version Upgrade or the right icon of Upgrade Proxy to view the minor version of the current instance, the minor version to which you
can update, and the release notes of minor versions.
The icon changes colors based on the minor version update level. The update level is displayed in green, yellow, or red to represent the regular, recommended, or important update. This help you distinguish the update level.
Update level Color Description LOW Green Regular update. This level includes routine feature updates, such as adding a feature. MEDIUM Yellow Recommended update. This level includes optimization of features and modules, such as optimizing a feature. Moreover, LOW-level updates are included in this level. HIGH Red Important update. This level includes major updates that ensure stability or security, such as fixing a vulnerability or defect. Moreover, LOW-level and MEDIUM-level updates are included in this level.
- After you view the release notes of minor versions, click Minor Version Upgrade or Upgrade Proxy. Notice The system checks the minor version of your instance. If your instance is of the latest version, the Minor Version Upgrade or Upgrade Proxy button cannot be found or clicked.
- In the panel that appears, select the time when you want to perform the update. Note The instance experiences disconnections for a few seconds and stays in the read-only state for 60 seconds or less during instance switchover or master/replica switchover. We recommend that you specify switchovers to be performed during the maintenance window of the instance by clicking Update During Maintenance. This way, the impacts of switchovers are minimized for the instance. For more information about how to modify the maintenance window, see Specify a maintenance window.
- And then click OK.
Q: Why does an instance change to the Upgrading Minor Version state after I select Update During Maintenance to update the minor version?
A: When the system prepares for updates, such as applying for resources and synchronizing data, instances or master and replica nodes cannot be switched over. This way, instances that provide services are not affected.
|DescribeEngineVersion||Queries the major version and minor version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance and the release notes of minor versions.|
|ModifyInstanceMinorVersion||Updates the minor version of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance.|