You can save alert rules for metrics of various cloud services as a template, especially when you have a large number of resources to monitor. When you create or modify alert rules, you can apply alert templates without defining each alert rule from scratch.
- Alert templates must be used together with application groups. You can create an application group first. Then, you can create and apply an alert template to the application group to create alert rules for the application group. This simplifies the creation and maintenance of alert rules. For more information about how to create an application group, see Create an application group.
- You must obey the following limits when you create alert templates:
- You can create up to 100 alert templates for each Alibaba Cloud account.
- Up to 30 metrics can be specified in each alert template.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Alert Templates page, click Create Alert Template in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create/modify alert templates panel, enter the template name and configure alert rules for cloud services as required.
You can also use the template clone feature to create an alert template. Select the template to be cloned and configure alert rules for cloud services as required.
- Click OK.
- In the Create/modify alert template complete message, click OK. Note If you click Cancel, the alert template is created but not applied to application groups. You can apply the alert template to application groups later. For more information, see Apply an alert template to an application group.
- In the Apply Template to Group dialog box, select the application group and set the Muted, Effective Period, HTTP CallBack, and Option parameters.
- Click OK.
- In the Apply Template to Group message, click OK.