This topic introduces kanbans, including an overview and an application example. This topic also describes how to configure the style of a kanban and how to delete a kanban.
A kanban provides an overview of data such as sales performance. Kanbans allow you to rapidly respond to sales status and management situations. Kanbans allow you to identify and troubleshoot issues.
A kanban consists of labels and a metrics. Labels are determined by a dimension, such as area. Metrics are determined by measures, such as order quantity and order price.
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset to describe the application of a kanban.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets.
On the Datasets page that appears, find the company_sales_record dataset, and click the icon in the Actions column.Note If you are using Quick BI Enterprise Standard, select Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard type. In this example, Standard is selected.
- Click the icon. A kanban appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- Click the Data tab and select the required dimension and measures.
In the Dimensions list, find and add province to the Labels (Dim.) field. In the Measures list, find and add order_number, order_amt, shipping_cost, and profit_amt to the Metrics (Mea.) field.Note Ensure that you have converted the data type of province from String to Geo. For information about how to convert the data type of a dimension, see Change field types.
- Click Update. The chart is updated.
- Click the Style tab and configure parameters in the Basic Information, Indicator Settings, Functionality Settings, and Series Settings sections.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner. In the Save Dashboard dialog box that appears, enter a name for the dashboard and click OK.
Configure parameters on the Style tab
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description and Show Link.
Note If you want the user to be redirected to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address.
- In the Indicator Settings section, configure the number of objects in each row, whether to show the dimension and primary measure, and alignment modes of metric blocks and metric values.
- In the Functionality Settings section, configure conditional formatting.
- Select the measure for which you want to enable conditional formatting.
- Select Enable conditional formatting.
- Specify tag icons, ranges, and font colors.
- In the Series Settings section, specify Display Name, Description, Prefix and Suffix for Data Value, and Number Formatting for each measure.
Delete a chart
Perform the following steps to delete a chart:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of a chart.
- Select Delete.