Scatter charts present the distribution and aggregation of data.
A scatter chart is composed of the X-axis and Y-axis. The color legend is based on the data dimension such as the product type. The scales of the X-axis and Y-axis are based on the data measures.
You can select a maximum of one dimension for the color legend. You can set a maximum of 1,000 dimension values.
X-axis: supports a minimum of one and a maximum of three dimensions.
Y-axis: supports one measure.
Scenarios: unit prices and order numbers of multiple product types
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click the Create Dashboard icon in the Actions column.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to choose Standard or Full Screen as the display mode manually. The following example uses Standard.
- Click the Scatter Chart icon and an empty chart appears on the dashboard.
- On the Data tab page, select dimensions and measures.
In the Dimensions list, locate the product_type field and add it to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section. In the Measures list, locate the price and order_number fields and add them to the X Axis (Measures) and Y Axis (Measures) sections separately.
- Click Update and the chart is updated.
- On the Style tab page, you can modify the chart name, layout, and legend as shown in the following figure.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
- In the Title section, you can configure the title.
- In the Design section, you can choose whether to show axis titles. This example shows the axis titles.
- In the Layout section, you can set the legend position and choose whether to show tooltips.
Delete a chart
Click the More Actions icon in the upper-right corner of the chart and select Delete from the drop-down list to delete a chart.