If you have read Dashboard overview and Dashboard basic operations, read this section to learn about how to create a scatter chart. If you need to edit the dataset or create a new dataset, see Create a dataset.
A scatter chart shows distribution and convergence of data.
A scatter chart consists of the X axis and Y axis. Color legends of a scatter chart are determined by the data dimension, such as the product type. The X axis and Y axis are determined by the data measurements.
Notice on creating a scatter chart
Color legends of a scatter chart can have only one dimension, and the maximum number of dimension members is 1000.
X axis: Has one to three measurements.
Y axis: Has only one measurement.
The following uses the company_sales_record dataset as an example.
Scenario: Compare the unit price and order quantity of different types of product.Scenario example: unit price and order quantity for different types of products.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to enter the dataset management page.
- Select company_sales_record dataset, and click Create Dashboard.
- Click scatter chart icon.
- On the Data tab, select a required dimension field and measurement fields.
In the dimension list, locate the product_type option, and add it to the color legend area. In the measurement list, locate the price and order_number options, and add them to the Y axis and X axis in sequence, as shown in the following figure.
- Click Update. The system automatically updates the chart.
- On the Style tab, you can edit the title, layout, and legends of the scatter chart.
- Click the Save icon to save the dashboard.
To delete the current chart, point to the upper-right corner of the chart, and choose Delete from the shortcut menu.