If you have read Dashboard overview and Dashboard basic operations, read this section to learn about how to create a radar chart. If you need to edit the dataset or create a new dataset, see Create a dataset.
A radar chart can be used to show analyzed numbers or ratios. People can intuitively know the changes and trend of each indicator. For example, you can use a radar chart to show the sales of each region.
A radar chart consists of branch labels and the branch length. Radius labels are determined by the data dimension, such as the product type. The radius is determined by the data measurement, such as the shipping costs.
Notice on creating a radar chart
Branch labels of a radar chart have one to two dimensions, and a dimension value must be greater than three and smaller than or equal to 12. The branch length must have at least one measurement.
The following uses the company_sales_record dataset as an example.
Scenario: Compare the order quantity and order amount of different regions.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to enter the dataset management page.
- Select company_sales_record dataset, and click Create Dashboard.
- Click radar chart icon.
- On the Data tab, select a required dimension field and measurement fields.
In the dimension list, locate the area option and add it to the radius label area. In the measurement list, locate the order_amt and order_number options, and add them to the radius area in sequence, as shown in the following figure.
Note Make sure that the dimension type of the region field has been switched from string to geological information.
- Click Update. The system automatically updates the chart.
- On the Style tab, you can edit the title, layout, and legends of the radar chart.
- Click the Save icon to save the dashboard.
To delete the current chart, point to the upper-right corner of the chart, and choose Delete from the shortcut menu.