This topic describes the overview, examples, and deletion of a radar chart.
Radar charts display numbers and ratios obtained from data analysis. You can view the changing trends of indicators by using radar charts. For example, sales of all areas are represented by numbers and ratios in radar charts.
A radar chart is based on labels and lengths. Labels are based on dimensions such as product types. Lengths are based on measures such as shipping costs.
You can select a minimum of one and a maximum of two dimensions for the labels of a radar chart. The number of dimension values must be greater than or equal to three and less than or equal to 12. You need to select a minimum of one dimension for the length.
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click the Create Dashboard icon in the Actions column.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to select Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard display mode. The following example uses Standard.
- Click the Radar Chart icon and an empty chart appears on the dashboard.
- On the Data tab page, select dimensions and measures.
In the Dimensions list, locate the area field and add it to Labels (Dimensions). In the Measures list, locate the order_number and order_amt fields and add them sequentially to Length (Measures).Note Make sure that you have converted the dimension type of the area field from String to Geo.
- Click Update and the chart is updated.
- On the Style tab page, you can configure the title name, layout, and legend.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
- In the Basic Information section, you can configure the title name, hyperlink, and
background color. This example uses Domestic data as the title name and uses Dark as the background color.
Note For jumping to a report or an external page, select Show Hyperlink and enter a name and an address.
- In the Layout section, you can configure the legend position and whether to show tooltips, areas, and labels.
- In the Series Settings section, you can configure aliases for dimensions, data formats, and numbers of decimal places. This example uses red as the line color for the order_number field.
Click Update and the chart is updated as shown in the following figure.
Delete a chart
Click the More Actions icon in the upper-right corner of a chart and select Delete from the drop-down list to delete the chart.