Radar charts display numbers and ratios obtained from data analysis. You can view the changing trends of indicators by using radar charts. For example, sales of all areas are represented by numbers and ratios in radar charts.
A radar chart is based on labels and lengths. Labels are based on dimensions such as product types. Lengths are based on measures such as shipping costs.
You can select a minimum of one and a maximum of two dimensions for the labels of a radar chart. The number of dimension values must be greater than or equal to three and less than or equal to 12. You need to select a minimum of one dimension for the length.
Scenarios: order numbers and order amounts in multiple areas
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click the Create Dashboard icon in the Actions column.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to choose Standard or Full Screen as the display mode manually. The following example uses Standard.
- Click the Radar Chart icon and an empty chart appears on the dashboard.
- On the Data tab page, select dimensions and measures as needed.
In the Dimensions list, locate the area field and add it to the Labels (Dimensions) section. In the Measures list, locate the order_number and order_amt fields and add them to the Length (Measures) section.Note Make sure that you have converted the dimension type of the area field from String to Geo.
- Click Update and the chart is updated.
- On the Style tab page, you can change the title, layout, and legend of the chart as shown in the following figure.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
- In the Basic Settings section, you can configure the chart title, hyperlinks for page jumping, and the background color. In this example, the chart title is set to domestic data. The background color is set to Dark.
- In the Layout section, you can configure the legend position and choose whether to show tooltips, areas, and labels.
- In the Series Settings section, you can configure measure aliases, the data format, and the number of decimal places. In this example, the color used to display order_order is set to red.
The updated chart is shown as follows.
Delete a chart
Click the More Actions icon in the upper-right corner of the chart and select Delete from the drop-down list to delete a chart.