This topic provides an overview of gauges and an example on how to use gauges. This topic also describes how to configure gauge styles and how to delete a gauge.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A gauge shows the range of a metric. You can use a gauge to view the progress of a task or check whether a value is outside the normal range. For example, you can check the inventory of a commodity. If the inventory is insufficient, you can replenish the inventory in a timely manner.
When you create a gauge, you must specify Pointer Angle (Mea.). You can specify only one measure for this field.
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click in the top menu bar, and click the Gauge icon.
- On the Data tab, select measures based on your business requirements.
In the Measures list, double-click order_amt. You can also drag this measure to the Pointer Angle (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the gauge.
You can click the icon next to Pointer Angle (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Functionality, and Style Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure gauge styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure an auto-refresh interval for the gauge.
For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the gauge every 5 minutes.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure gauge styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the gauge, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.You can set Visual Style to Standard, Sector, or Scale.
- In the Functionality section, set the start and end values of the gauge.
The start and end values can be fixed values or dynamic values. Dynamic values are the aggregate of the measures that you select.Note The proportion of rings in the chart is calculated by using the following formula: (Pointer value - Start value)/(End value - Start value) x 100%.
- The start value is displayed on the far left of the gauge.
- The end value is displayed on the far right of the gauge.
- In the Style Settings section, configure Primary Label Display, Display Secondary Label, Display Scales, Display Ranges, Hierarchical data, and Color Settings.