This topic introduces gauges, including an overview and an application example. This topic also describes how to configure the style of a gauge and how to delete a gauge.
Similar to a dashboard on a car, a gauge shows the value range of a specific metric. You can view the progress of a current task or determine whether a metric exceeds its value range in a gauge. For example, you can use a gauge to obtain the inventory status of a commodity, so you can replenish the inventory in a timely manner.
The pointer angle of a gauge is determined by a measure, such as the discount or profit.
Scenario: Display the order price. The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset to describe the application of a gauge.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets.
On the Datasets page that appears, find the company_sales_record dataset, and click the icon in the Actions column.Note If you are using Quick BI Enterprise Standard, select Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard type. In this example, Standard is selected.
- Click the icon. A gauge appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- Click the Data tab and select the required measure.
In the Measures list, find and add order_amt to the Pointer Angle (Mea.) field.
- Click Update. The chart is updated.
- Click the Style tab and configure parameters in the Basic Information, Functionality, Style Settings, and Series Settings sections.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner. In the Save Dashboard dialog box that appears, enter a name for the dashboard and click OK.
Configure parameters on the Style tab
- In the Basic Information section, specify Show Title and Description, Show Link, and Visual Style. Quick BI supports three styles: Standard, Sector, and Scale.
Note If you want the user to be redirected to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address.
- In the Functionality section, specify the minimum and maximum values for the metric in the gauge. You can specify fixed or dynamic minimum and maximum values. The dynamic values are calculated by using aggregate functions.
- In the Style Settings section, specify the label display mode and ranges for the gauge. You can configure the number of ranges, step for defining ranges, and range colors in the Display Ranges area.
- In the Series Settings section, specify Display Name, Description, and Number Formatting for the measure.
Delete a chart
Perform the following steps to delete a chart:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of a chart.
- Select Delete.