A vertical bar chart shows comparisons among discrete categories. You can use a vertical bar chart to visualize data changes over a period of time or comparisons among discrete categories. For example, you can show the comparison of the traffic flow of vehicles over different periods of time at a crossing.
Like Line charts, a vertical bar chart consists of the category axis and the value axis.
Scenarios: the shipping cost for different products of provinces of East China
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click the Create Dashboard icon.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to choose Standard or Full Screen as the display mode. The following example uses Standard.
- Click the Vertical Bar Chart icon and an empty chart appears on the dashboard.
- On the Dimensions list, locate area and add it to the Filters section.
You can search for the East China area by using filters as shown in the following figure.
- Click the Filter icon. Select Filter by Value in the Set Filter dialog box that appears as shown in the following figure.
- Select East China and click OK.
- Drag province and product_type to the Category Axis (Dimensions) section.
Note Makes sure that you have converted the dimension type of the province field from String to Geo.
- On the Measures list, drag shipping_cost to the Value Axis (Measures) area.
- Drag product_type to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section.
Note You can add dimensions to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section when only one measure is added to the Value Axis (Measures) area. Otherwise, you are not allowed to add dimensions to the Color Legend (Dimensions) section.
- Click Update and the chart is updated.
- On the Style tab page, you can configure the chart title, layout, legend, and axis style.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
Delete a chart
Click the More Actions icon and select Delete from the drop-down list to delete a chart.