This topic describes the overview, examples, and deletion of a vertical bar chart.
A vertical bar chart shows comparisons among discrete categories. You can use a vertical bar chart to visualize data changes over a period of time or comparisons among discrete categories. For example, you can show the comparison of the traffic flow of vehicles over different periods of time at a crossing.
Similar to a line chart, a vertical bar chart is based on the category axis and value axis.
Scenario: compares the shipping cost for different products of provinces of East China. The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Click the Create Dashboard icon on the right side of the company_sales_record dataset.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to choose Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard display mode. The following example uses the Standard display mode.
- Click the Vertical Bar Chart icon and an empty chart appears on the dashboard.
- On the Dimensions list, locate the area field and add it to the Filters section.
East China is filtered by using the area filter as shown in the following figure.
- Click the Filter icon and select Filter by Value in the dialog box that appears as shown in the following figure.
- Select East China and click OK.
- Drag province and product_type to the Category Axis (Dimensions) area in turn.
Note Make sure that you have converted the dimension type from String to Geo for the province dimension. For more information, see Change the dimension type.
- On the Measures list, drag shipping_cost to the Value Axis (Measures) area.
- Drag product_type to the Colors (Dimensions) area.
Note You can enable the color legend only when the value axis involves one measure.
- Click Update to update the chart.
- On the Style tab page, you can configure the basic information, chart type, axes, functionality, and series settings.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
Delete a chart
Click the More Actions icon in the upper-right corner of a chart and select Delete from the drop-down list to delete the chart.