Assume that you have read Dashboard overview and Basic dashboard operations. This section describes how to create a line chart. If you want to create a dataset or eidt a dataset, see Create a dataset.
A bar chart shows comparisons among discrete categories. You can use a bar chart to visualize data changes over a period of time or comparisons among discrete categories. For example, you can show the comparison of the traffic flow of vehicles over different periods of time at a crossing.
Like Line charts, a bar chart consists of the category axis and the value axis.
The following scenario is based on the company_sales_record dataset.
Scenario: Compare the shipping cost for different products of provinces of East China.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to enter the Datasets page.
- Click the Create Dashboard icon on the right side of the company_sales_record dataset.
- Click the Bar icon, a bar chart appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- On the dimensions list, drag area to the Filters area.
You can search for the East China area by using filters as shown in the following figure.
- Click the Filter icon. Select Filter by Enumeration in the Set Filter dialog box that appears as shown in the following figure.
- Select East China and click OK.
- Drag province and product_type to the Category Axis (Dimensions) area in turn.
Note You must ensure that you have changed the province field from the string type to the location type.
- On the Measures list, drag shipping_cost to the Value Axis (Measures) area.
- Drag the product_type field to the Colors (Dimensions) area.
Note You can add dimensions to the Colors (Dimensions) area when only one measure is added to the Value Axis (Measures) area. Otherwise, you are not allowed to add dimensions to the Colors (Dimensions) area.
- Click Update to update the chart.
- On the Style tab, you can change some items such as the title, layout, legend, and axis format of a chart.
Note For more information about the Style tab, see Configure a chart.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
If you want to delete the current chart, click More in the top-right corner of the chart and select Delete.