This topic describes a flow analysis chart, including its overview, application example, and configuration style as well as how to delete a flow analysis chart.
A flow analysis chart illustrates the conversion rate of a web page by comparing the source, center, and goal traffic for a web page.
A flow analysis chart supports these three-level dimensions, center nodes, node types, and node names. The measures of a flow analysis chart include node metrics.
- You can specify only one dimension for the center node, node name, and node type, respectively. The dimension fields must be hierarchical. You must set the node type field to source, center, or goal. The three dimension values correspond to the source traffic node, the center traffic node, and the traffic goal node. You can specify only one measure for each node metric. The source traffic data is the metric of the center node with its node type set to source. The traffic goal data is the metric of the center node with its node type set to goal. The conversion rate of a web page equals the ratio of the metric value of the source traffic data to the metric value of the center node.
- For more information about the examples of a flow analysis chart, see Flow Analysis-demo table.
Note Data for node types other than source, center, and goal are filtered out. When the node name is left blank: If the node type is source, the value of the node name is unknown source. If the node type isgoal, the value of the node name is unknown goal.
Application example of a flow analysis chart
The following example uses the page_source_target_state dataset to describe the application of a flow analysis chart.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Find the page_source_target_state dataset and click the icon in the Actions column corresponding to the dataset.
Note If you use Quick BI Standard, you need to select Standard or Full Screen in the dialog box that appears in the dashboard display mode. The following example uses Standard as the display mode.
- Click the icon. A flow analysis chart appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- On the Data tab page, select the required measures and dimensions.
In the Dimensions list, find and add center node, node type, and node name to the corresponding fields. In the Measures list, find and add node metrics to the corresponding fields. The following figure shows an example.
- Click Update. The system updates the chart.
- On the Style tab page, set Show Title and Layout.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure settings on the Style tab
- In the Basic Information section, configure Title, Description, Show Link, and Custom background.
- This example uses Dark as the background.
- If you want to redirect to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address.
In the Series Settings section, set Alias and Data Display Format for a measure.
Delete a chart
Perform the following steps to delete a chart:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of a chart.
- Select Delete.