ApsaraDB supports the following two payment options.
- In subscription method you must pay when you create the instance.
- If you buy a 10 months monthly subscription, you get a 2 months complimentary service free of charge.
- During the contract period, the instance can only be upgraded, and cannot be downgraded or released.
- Subscribed instances cannot be converted to Pay-As-You-Go instances.
- The billing cycle is 1 hour. If you use an instance for less than one hour, you are charged for the full hour.
- If you change the instance capacity within one billing cycle, the billed amount is calculated based on the largest capacity used during the cycle.
For example, if your instance capacity is 1 GB at 01:10 and changed to 8 GB at 01:20 and later to 2 GB at 01:50, then the instance is billed for the 8-GB capacity during the billing cycle between 01:00 and 02:00.
- The bill is generally provided within one hour (not later than 3 hours) after the current billing cycle. The specific time may vary depending on the system billing time.
For example, the bill for the billing cycle from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. is generally provided before 11:00 a.m.
- After a bill is generated, the fee is automatically deducted from your account balance.
- The instance can be released at any time, and no fee is charged after release.
- A Pay-As-You-Go instance can be converted to a subscribed instance. After the billing method is successfully changed, the instance is billed in Subscription mode.
- Every real-name authenticated Alibaba Cloud account can activate a maximum of 10 Pay-As-You-Go instances (including ApsaraDB for Memcache and ApsaraDB for Memcache instances). If you need more instances or intend to purchase instances with larger capacities, you can open a ticket to apply accordingly.
ApsaraDB for Memcache charges fees based on the instance capacity you have activated, rather than the cache capacity that you actually use.
For example, if you have activated a 2 GB ApsaraDB for Memcache instance storing 256 MB data, the instance is charged based on the capacity of 2 GB.
Intranet traffic that arises from using ApsaraDB for Memcache instances is free of charge. That is, the data transmitted between ECS and ApsaraDB for Memcache is free of charge.