You can modify the maintence window to prevent system maintence from happening in the peak period of your business.
To ensure the stability of ApsaraDB for Redis instances on the Alibaba Cloud platform, ApsaraDB for Redis maintains instances and servers occasionally.
Before the maintenance, ApsaraDB for Redis sends short message service (SMS) messages and emails to contacts configured under your Alibaba Cloud account.
To guarantee the stability of the maintenance process, instances enter the Maintaining status before the preset maintenance window on the day of maintenance. When an instance is in this status, data in the database can still be accessed. However, change operations such as configuration change are temporarily unavailable for this instance in the console, whereas query operations such as performance monitoring are still available.
During the preset maintenance window, instances may be disconnected in the process of maintenance. We recommend that you set the maintenance window to a period during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the target instance ID or Manage in the Action column for the target instance.
- On the Instance Information page, click Settings to the right of the Maintenance Window field in the Basic Information section.
- Select a period and click Save.
Note The time is UTC+8.