You can maintain ApsaraDB for Redis instance during off-peak hours by modifying the default maintenance window.
- Alibaba Cloud maintains ApsaraDB for Redis instances and servers to ensure that they
run stably. Maintenance for instances and servers occurs at irregular intervals. To
ensure that the maintenance is successful, instances enter the Maintaining Instance state before the maintenance window runs on the day of maintenance. When an instance
is in this state, you can still access data in the database. You are temporarily not
allowed to make instance changes in the console. For example, you cannot change the
configurations of the instance. However, you can perform queries. For example, you
can query performance monitoring data.
Note Before the maintenance window runs, ApsaraDB for Redis sends SMS messages and emails to the contacts that are associated with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Instances may be temporarily disconnected when you make changes to the instances. For example, the instance is disconnected when you change the configurations of the instance. To minimize the impacts on your business, we recommend that you perform these operations during the maintenance window.
Notice After the maintenance window runs, the instance is temporarily disconnected. We recommend that you run the maintenance window during off-peak hours.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instance List page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- In the Basic Information section, select a time range from the Maintenance Window drop-down list.
- Select a proper time range.
Related API operations
|ModifyInstanceMaintainTime||Modifies the maintenance window of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance. Alibaba Cloud maintains ApsaraDB for Redis instances during the specified time period.|