Data Management (DMS) is an integrated database solution that offers data management, structure management, user authorization, security auditing, data trend analysis, data tracking, BI charts, performance optimization, and server management. You can use DMS to connect to a sharded cluster ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance for easy management.
Add the IP address of the DMS server to the whitelist of the ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance based on the network type. For more information, see Configure a whitelist for a sharded cluster instance.
|Network type of ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance||IP address of the DMS server|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where the target instance resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Sharding Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- Click Logon and select any Mongos node ID in the upper-right corner of the Basic Information
page. You are redirected to the DMS console.
- In the DMS console, enter the following information.
Item Description Network address:Port The internal connection string of the Mongos node of the ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance is automatically entered. Database Username Enter the database account of the MongoDB instance. The initial account is root. Database Name Enter the name of the database to which the account belongs.Note
- If Database Username is set to root, the database name is admin.
- We do not recommend that you log on to a database as the root user in the production environment. You can create users and grant permissions based on your business needs. For more information, see Use DMS to manage ApsaraDB for MongoDB users.
Password The password of the specified account.Note If you forget the password of the root account, you can reset the password by using the method specified in Set a password.
- Click Log On.
Common connection scenarios
- Connect a local client to an ApsaraDB forMongoDB instance over the Internet
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when their network types are different
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when they are in different regions
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when they do not belong to the same Alibaba Cloud account