This topic provides an overview of polar area charts and an example on how to use polar area charts. This topic also describes how to configure polar area chart styles and how to delete a polar area chart.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A polar area chart shows data changes over time, or compares different categories of data. It is generally used for enumerated data.
- You can specify only one dimension for Labels (Dim.).
- You can specify only one measure for Central Angle (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon in the top menu bar and click the Polar Area Chart icon.
- On the Data tab, select measures and dimensions based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click area. You can also drag this dimension to the Labels (Dim.) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Central Angle (Mea.) field.
Note By default, the values are arranged clockwise in descending order from the first quadrant.
- Click Update to update the polar area chart.
You can click the icon next to Central Angle (Mea.) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Chart Style, and Series Settings sections.
- On the Advanced tab, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the polar area chart as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the polar area chart every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the polar area chart, data in other charts that are associated with this chart is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the polar area chart. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure polar area chart styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the polar area chart, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Chart Style section, configure Show Label, Decimal Places, Label Display Mode, Radius Ratio, Show Total, Show Legend, and Polar Area Chart Color Settings.
Parameter Description Show Label You can select Dimension, Measure, or Percentage. You can also select all of them at a time. Decimal Places The number of decimal places that are reserved for a percentage in a label.
You need to configure Decimal Places only when Percentage is selected for Show Label.
Label Display Mode Options: Smart Display and Full Display.
If you select Smart Display, only some labels are displayed. If you select Full Display, all the labels are displayed.
Radius Ratio The radius ratio of the polar area chart. Show Total If you select Show Total, the sum of the measures is displayed in the polar area chart. Show Legend The following figure shows the legend display modes. Polar Area Chart Color Settings The color series for sectors in the polar area chart.
- In the Series Settings section, configure Series and Display Name.
Parameter Description Series The series. You can select one of the dimensions that you added in the Labels (Dim.) field. Display Name The alias for a dimension that is displayed in the polar area chart.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.