A polar chart can be used to display data changes over time or compare metric values. It is suitable for enumeration. For example, compare data across different regions.
Similar to Pie chart, a polar chart consists of sectors of varying slice labels and arc radiuses. Slice labels are determined by data dimensions, such as area and product type. Arc radiuses are determined by data measures, such as order quantity and order amount.
For each polar chart, one and only one dimension must be specified to determine slice labels. This dimension must contain 3 to 12 variables. One and only one measure must be specified to determine arc radiuses.
The following scenario uses the company_sales_record dataset as an example.
Scenario: Compare the order quantities across multiple areas
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to open the dataset management page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click Create Dashboard.
- Click the Polar Chart icon and the corresponding legend is displayed.
- Click the Data tab to select the data dimension and data measure.
In the Dimensions list, select area and add it to Slice Label. In the Measures list, select order_number and add it to Arc Radius, as shown in the following figure:Note Make sure you have changed the data type of area from String to Location.
- Click Update to generate the chart.
- In the Style tab, you can change the title and legend of the chart, the style of the metric values.
- Click the Save icon to save the dashboard.
To delete the chart, move the mouse to the upper-right corner and click Delete in the toolbar that appears.