You can create a MongoDB instance on the MongoDB console. For more information about instance billing, see Billing items and pricing. This document introduces how to create an instance on the MongoDB console.
You have a registered Alibaba Cloud account.
If you are creating a Pay-As-You-Go instance, make sure that your account balance is sufficient.
Log on to the MongoDB console.
Click Create Instance on the Sharding Instances page to go to the instance creation page.
Select Subscription or Pay-As-You-Go. For more information about billing methods, see Billing items and pricing.
Set instance configuration, the parameters are described in the following table.
Parameter configuration area Parameter Description Remark Basic configuration - Region
- Database version
Select the instance region, zone, and database version. Currently, MongoDB 3.2 is supported. Products in different regions cannot intercommunicate by intranet, and you cannot change the instance region after purchasing the instance. Therefore, be aware when selecting the region. Network type - Classic network
MongoDB supports classic networks and virtual private clouds (VPCs). The VPC needs to be created beforehand. Alternatively, you can change the network type after creating an instance. For more information, see Switch from classic network to VPC.
- Classic network: The cloud services on the classic network are not isolated, and unauthorized access can be blocked only by the security group or whitelist policy of the cloud services.
- VPC: VPCs help you build an isolated network environment on Alibaba Cloud. You can customize the route table, IP address range, and gateway on the VPC. In addition, you can combine your machine room and cloud resources in the Alibaba Cloud VPC into a virtual machine room through a leased line or VPN. This allows you to smoothly migrate applications to the cloud.
- Configure Mongos - Specifications of one Mongos node
- Number of Mongos nodes
The specifications and number of Mongos nodes. The maximum number of connected Mongos nodes and maximum IOPS (measured respectively for read and write, up to double of the benchmark with mixed read/write) vary depending on specifications. - The specifications (for example, 4-core 8 GB) here see the specifications of one Mongos node.
- Up to 32 Mongos nodes can be activated for every instance.
Configure shards - Specifications
Shard node specifications, storage space, and quantity. The maximum number of connections and maximum IOPS (measured respectively for read and write, or up to double of the benchmark with mixed read/write) vary depending on specifications. - The specifications (for example, 4-core 8 GB) and storage space (for example, 500 GB) here see the specifications and storage space of one shard node.
- Up to 32 shard nodes can be activated for every instance.
Configure ConfigServers - Specifications
Configure the specifications and storage space of ConfigServers. A ConfigServer adopts the three-node ReplicaSet highly available architecture, and its specifications and storage space cannot be changed. Password settings - Set a password
- Account password
- Confirm the password
Set the password of an instance. You must set a password when purchasing an instance. If you must change the password, see Reset a password.
Click Buy Now to go to the Confirm Order page.
Read the ApsaraDB for MongoDB Terms of Service, and make the payment as prompted.