ApsaraDB for MongoDB allows you to create an instance based on a backup of an existing instance. The data of the new instance is recovered from that of the selected backup. This method applies to data recovery or data verification scenarios.
- The existing instance must be a standalone or replica set instance.
Note Sharded cluster instances do not support this feature.
- Currently, you can select a backup only in the last seven days.
- If you create an instance based on a backup, you need to pay for the created instance. For more information about how to bill an instance, see Billing items and pricing.
- To create a Pay-As-You-Go instance, ensure that your account balance is sufficient.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the home page, select the region where the target instance is located.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Locate the target instance and click its instance ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Backup and Recovery.
- On the Backup and Recovery page that appears, locate the target backup and choose in the Operation column.
- On the ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance creation page that appears, select the billing method of the instance to be created.
- Set parameters for the instance as required.
Note The storage space of the new instance must be larger than or equal to that of the existing instance.
- Click Buy Now to go to the Confirm Order page.
- Read and select ApsaraDB for MongoDB Agreement of Service and follow the instructions to complete the payment process.