After you purchase a pay-as-you-go instance, you can change its billing method to subscription as required.
- You cannot change the billing method of a subscription instance to pay-as-you-go. To maximize resource usage, we recommend that you evaluate your resource usage patterns before you change the billing method of an instance.
- Within the subscription period, you cannot release a subscription instance.
- Subscription billing immediately takes effect after you change the billing method of your instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.
- When you change the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription, the
system generates an order. The new billing method takes effect only after you pay
for this order. If you have unpaid or pending orders, these orders are displayed on
the Orders page. In this case, you cannot purchase a new instance or change the billing method
of another instance until you pay the unpaid orders.
- You have an unpaid order that is generated when you change the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription. You upgrade the specification of this pay-as-you-go instance and the amount of the unpaid order is insufficient to cover the changed billing method due to the changed instance components. In this case, the system forbids you to pay for this order. You must cancel this unpaid order and change the billing method of the instance again.
- If you want to cancel the order, you can cancel the order on the Billing Management page in the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- The billing method of the instance is pay-as-you-go and the instance is in the Running state.
Note Before you pay for an order for changing the billing method of a pay-as-you-go instance to subscription, if the state of this instance changes, for example, to Locked, your payment may fail. You can continue to pay for the order only after the state of the instance changes back to Running.
- Your account has no unpaid orders for the instance for which you want to change the billing method.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- On the top of the page, select the region where the instance is deployed.
- On the Instance List page, click the Instance ID of the instance.
- On the Instances page, find the instance and choose Actions column. in the
- Select a subscription period for Duration.
- Click Confirm and pay for the generated order as required.
Related API operations
|TransformToPrePaid||Changes the billing method of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription.|