The limits for Alibaba Cloud Container Service swarm clusters are as follows.
- By default, you can create at most five clusters in all regions and add at most 20 nodes in each cluster. To create more clusters or add more nodes to a cluster, open a ticket.
The Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances and Server Load Balancer instances created with clusters only support the Pay-As-You-Go billing method.
Expand a cluster
The nodes added by expanding a cluster are Pay-As-You-Go nodes.
Add an existing ECS instance
- The ECS instance to be added must be in the same region and use the same network type (Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)) as the cluster.
- When adding an existing ECS instance, make sure that your ECS instance has an Elastic IP (EIP) for the network type VPC. Otherwise, the ECS instance fails to be added.
- The ECS instance to be added must be under the same account as the cluster.
Bind a Server Load Balancer instance
- You can only bind a Server Load Balancer instance to a cluster of the same region.
- You can only bind a Server Load Balancer instance to a cluster created by the same account.
- A VPC cluster can bind an Internet Server Load Balancer instance or an intranet Server Load Balancer instance.
- One cluster can only bind one Server Load Balancer instance.
- Two clusters cannot share one Server Load Balancer instance.