The limits for Alibaba Cloud Container Service swarm clusters are as follows.
- By default, you can create at most five clusters in all regions, and add at most 20 nodes in each cluster. To create more clusters or add more nodes to a cluster, open a ticket.
The Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances and Server Load Balancer instances created with clusters only support the Pay-As-You-Go billing method.
Expand a cluster
The nodes added by expanding a cluster are Pay-As-You-Go nodes.
Add an existing node
- The ECS instance to be added must be in the same region and use the same network type (Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)) as the cluster.
- When adding an existing ECS instance, make sure that your ECS instance has an Elastic IP (EIP) for the network type VPC. Otherwise, the ECS instance fails to be added.
- The ECS instance to be added must be under the same account as the cluster.
Bind a Server Load Balancer instance
- You can only bind a Server Load Balancer instance to a cluster of the same region.
- You can only bind a Server Load Balancer instance to a cluster created by the same account.
- A VPC cluster can bind an Internet Server Load Balancer instance or an intranet Server Load Balancer instance.
- One cluster can only bind one Server Load Balancer instance.
- Two clusters cannot share one Server Load Balancer instance.
NAS data volume usage restrictions
At present, Alibaba Cloud NAS is open to North China 1, North China 2, North China 3, East China 1, East China 2, south China 1, Asia Pacific 1, Central Europe 1, and East China 5, NAS can be created only for clusters located in these areas Data volumes.