Resource groups are groups of EDAS resources, which can be ECS instances and SLB instances, but not VPCs. You can assign permissions to access resource groups to your sub-accounts, and each sub-account has the right to operate on all the resources in the specified group. For more information on primary accounts and subaccounts, see EDAS account system.
- A company uses EDAS to create business applications. Department A is responsible for user-related applications and Department B for goods-related ones.
- The company registers for an EDAS account (the primary account) to activate EDAS and creates two sub-accounts respectively for Departments A and B. Department A has a couple of ECS instances and SLB instances for deploying user-related applications.
- The company creates a resource group in EDAS, adds Department A’s ECS instances and SLB instances to the resource group, and grants permissions for this resource group to the sub-account of Department A.
- Department A can use its sub-account to operate on the resources in this resource group only.
As shown in the following figure.
Resource group operations are performed in the EDAS Console. Follow the procedure below to go to the Resource Groups page.
Log on to the EDAS console.
In the left-side navigation pane, choose Resources > Resource Group.
Select a region to view the resource groups in this region and the ECS and SLB instances in each group.
In the displayed list, you can view information about the resource groups, including resource group names, descriptions, ECS instances (intranet/Internet IP addresses), and SLB instances.
- On the Resource Groups page, click Create Resource Group in the upper-right corner.
- Enter resource group name and description and click OK.
- On the Resource Groups page, click Bind ECS in the Actions field of the resource group you want to add an ECS instance to.
- On the Bind ECS dialog box, select the ECS instance and click OK.
- On the Resource Groups page, click Bind SLB in the Actions field of the resource group you want to add a SLB instance to.
- On the Bind SLB dialog box, select the SLB instance and click OK.
- On the Resource Groups page, click Edit in the Actions field of the resource group you want to edit.
- On the Edit Resource Group dialog box, edit the resource group name and description and click OK.
- Log on to the EDAS console using the primary account.
- In the EDAS console, select Accounts > Sub-Accounts in the left-side navigation pane.
- Click Authorize Resource Group in the Actions field of the user you want to grant resource group permissions.
- In the Authorize Resource Group dialog box, select the appropriate resource group and click OK.
- In the EDAS console, select Resources > Resource Groups in the left-side navigation pane.
- Click Delete in the Actions field of the resource group to delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box.