Install the log collector before using the EDAS application monitoring function.
EDAS provides a suite of functions, where a lot of data is pulled from local instances. This requires that the server can be connected to the relevant instances.Alibaba Cloud’s network environment consists of classic networks and VPCs.
- In a classic network, if the firewall and security groups have no port (8182) restrictions, the server can be connected directly.
- In a VPC, instances are intrinsically isolated from servers.EDAS provides a special utility for VPCs: the log collector.
The log collector is divided into two types, Server and Client.SProxy is the log collector client installed on the instance,as shown in the following figure:
Some instances in EDAS now support the automatic installation of a log collector, while others only support its manual installation.
Under any of the following conditions, an ECS instance does not support the automatic installation of a log collector:
- The ECS instance was created before December 1, 2017.
- A classic network ECS instance is imported into a classic network cluster.
- The ECS instance is not running (it is stopped, starting, or stopping).
- The ECS instance is a Windows instance or does not support simple shell commands.
- The ECS instance is not imported from an ECS cluster.
Install the log collector automatically
Log on to the EDAS console.
In the left-side navigation pane, choose Resource Management > VPC.
In the VPC ID list, locate the row that contains the VPC where you want to install the log collector and click Install Log Collector in the Actions column.
In the displayed Install Log Collector dialog box, locate the row that contains the target ECS instance, if it supports automatic log collector installation, click Automatic Installation in the Actions column .
After a short time, the Installation complete status is displayed.
Note: If the installation fails, you can manually install the log collector.If both automatic and manual installation fail, submit a ticket.
Manually install the log collector
Locate the row that contains the target ECS instance according to steps 1 to 3 in Automatically install the log collector.
If the ECS instance does not support the automatic installation of the log collector, click Manual Installation in the Actions column.
On the Install Log Collector page, click Copy to paste the script for the ECS instance.
Log on to the ECS instance as the root user. Paste the copied script for installation and press Enter.
After the installation is complete, manually execute the netstat -ant|grep 8002 command.
If a connection can be detected, the log collector has been installed successfully.
If no connection can be detected, the installation encountered a problem. In this case, submit a ticket.