After purchasing an ECS instance, you need to import it to EDAS, helping install EDAS Agent and synchronize the ECS instance to EDAS.
If you did not select any EDAS base image when purchasing an ECS instance, you can log on to the EDAS console and import the ECS instance to install EDAS Agent. You can import an ECS instance directly or through image conversion.
An ECS instance cannot be imported directly under the following conditions:
- The instance was created before December 1, 2017.
- The instance is of the classic network type and imported to a classic-network cluster.
- The instance is not running (it is stopped, starting, or stopping).
- The instance is a Windows instance or does not support simple shell commands.
- The instance is not imported from an ECS cluster.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the ECS page, select a region and a namespace (optional) in the upper part, and click Import ECS in the upper-right corner.
- On the Select Cluster and ECS page, select a namespace and select an option from the Select Cluster to Import drop-down list. In the instance list, select an ECS instance and click Next.
- If the desired cluster is not in the Select Cluster to Import drop-down list, click Create Cluster on the right to create a cluster.
- If you want to manually install EDAS Agent, click Switch to Manual Installation in the upper-right corner of the page to go to the Install EDAS Agent on Single Instance Manually page. Then, run a command script to manually install EDAS Agent.
- On the Ready to Import page, view the information of the selected instance.
- If the ECS instance can be imported directly, click Confirm and Import.
- If the ECS instance can be imported only after image conversion, select Agree to convert the above instances that need to be imported, and know that the original system after conversion. Data will be lost, and enter the new logon password of the root account after conversion. After configuring the instance, click Confirm and Import.
- On the Import tab, view the import progress of the instance.
- If the ECS instance supports direct import, you can view its import progress on the Import tab. If the message Instance transfer succeeded appears, the ECS instance has been imported. Click Click to return to the Cluster Details page. When the ECS instance status changes to Running, the ECS instance is imported to the cluster.
- If the ECS instance can be imported only after image conversion, the import status of the ECS instance displayed on the Import tab is Converting now. This may take 5 minutes. If you click Click to return to the Cluster Details page before the import is completed, the health check status Converting and the conversion progress in percentage are displayed. When the import is completed, the health check status Running is displayed. The instance is imported.