After purchasing an ECS instance, you need to import it in order to install EDAS Agent and synchronize it to EDAS.
If you did not select any EDAS base image when purchasing an ECS instance, you can click Import ECS in the EDAS console to install EDAS Agent.The process of importing ECS is divided into direct import and import after conversion.
An ECS instance cannot be directly imported in any of the following conditions:
- The ECS instance was created before December 1, 2017.
- A classic network ECS instance is imported into a classic network cluster.
- The ECS instance is not running (it is stopped, starting, or stopping).
- The ECS instance is a Windows instance or does not support simple shell commands.
- The ECS instance is not imported from an ECS cluster.
Note: The ECS instance is formatted if image conversion is required.If you do not want the disks of the ECS instance to be formatted, click Use command script for manual installation on the conversion page.
Log on to the EDAS console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Resource Management > ECS.
On the ECS page, select Region and Namespace (optional). Then, click Import ECS in the upper-right corner of the page.
On the Select Cluster and ECS page, select Namespace and Select Cluster to Import. Then, select an ECS instance and click Next.
- If the desired cluster is not in the list, click Create Cluster to the right of Select Cluster to Import to create a cluster.
- To manually install EDAS Agent, select Switch to Manual Installation in the upper-right corner to go to the Install EDAS Agent on Single Instance Manually page, and use the script to manually install EDAS Agent.
On the Ready to Import Page, view the information of the selected instance.
- If the ECS instance can be imported directly, click Confirm and Import.If the ECS instance needs to be imported after conversion, select I agree to convert the above instances, and fully understand that the data in the original systems will be lost after conversion and enter the new password for root user logon after conversion.Click Confirm and Import.
On the Import tab page, view the import progress of the instance.
- If the ECS instance supports direct import, you can view its import progress on the Import tab page. If the message Instance transfer succeeded is displayed, the ECS instance has been imported successfully.Click Click to return to the Cluster Details page. When the ECS instance status changes to Running, the ECS instance is imported to the cluster successfully.
- For an ECS instance that needs to be converted before being imported, the import progress of the ECS instance displayed on the Import tab page is Converting now. This might take 5 minutes.If you click Click to return to the Cluster Details page before the import is completed, the health check status Converting and the conversion progress in percentage are displayed. When the import is completed, the health check status Running is displayed,indicating that the ECS instance has been successfully imported.