After you install EDAS Agent on your ECS instances and synchronize them to EDAS, you can view and manage your ECS instances in the EDAS console.
Log on to the EDAS console.
In the left-side navigation pane, select Resources > ECS to go to the ECS page.
Select a specific region to see the ECS instances with EDAS Agent installed within this region.
To view the instances in a specific namespace within a region, select the namespace under the region.
ECS information/status descriptions:
- Instance ID/Name: The instance ID that is automatically generated by the system and the instance name that you specified. Click the instance ID/name to go to the ECS Console.
- Network Type: ECS instances can be located in a VPC or classic network.
- IP Address:
- For ECS instances in a classic network, this field shows the intranet IP address and Internet IP address of the instances.
- For ECS instances in a VPC, this field shows the private IP addresses and EIPs (if any).
- Specifications: The instance’s CPU and memory details.
- Namespace: The namespace where the ECS instance is located. Region information is displayed if there are no namespaces.
- Cluster: The cluster which the instance belongs to.
- Deployed Application: The applications deployed on this instance. Click an application name to go to the Application Details page.
- Agent Status:
- If EDAS Agent has been installed successfully on the instance, its status is Online or Docker Online.
- If EDAS Agent has not been installed, the status is Unknown.
Click the buttons in the upper-right corner of the ECS page to perform the following actions for the ECS instance:
|Import ECS||Installs EDAS Agent on a purchased ECS instance and then synchronizes it to EDAS.|
|Create Instances||Takes you to the ECS purchase page on the Alibaba Cloud website, where you can purchase and create new ECS instances.
For more information, see the Create an instance.