Workflow > Create SSD Cache, Storage Pool, Volume, and LUN Mapping > Run
Select a connected device from the drop-down menu.
Select SSD to create an SSD cache storage pool.
Storage pool name: The name of the default storage pool is “Storage Pool” plus the index code. For example, Storage Pool-1 and Storage Pool-2. It can be modified.
Storage tiering/Layered indexing: Disabled or enabled.
- Specify the write mode: default, write-back, and write-through.
- Default: The write mode depends on the cache mode of the controller and the event triggering mechanism.
- Write-back: The write process is complete after the data is written to the cache.
- Write-through: The write process is complete only after the data is committed to the disk. The write-through mode provides better data integrity but lower performance.
Allocation: Specifies the controller slot for the new storage pool.
Member hard disks: Selects the hard disks to be included in the storage pool.
RAID level: Select a RAID level for data protection. The applicable RAID level depends on the number of hard disks.
|RAID Level||Minimum Number of Hard Disks|
Stripe size: Specifies the array stripe size. Make sure that the modification can enhance the performance before you modify this data.
SED security: Specifies disk members to be secured with SED (Self-Encrypting Drives). Before this option is enabled, the following conditions must be met:
- SED security authentication key is established
- All hard drives support SED security
Storage pool: Specifies the storage pool where the new volume is located.
Quantity: The number of volumes to be created in a specific storage pool.
Enable thin provisioning or enable thick provisioning: The two options are mutually exclusive.
Volume size: Specify the volume size.
Minimum reserved space: You can choose to set a minimum reserved space only when thin provisioning is enabled.
Enable file system: If the volume is created for shared folders, you can enable file system. With this option enabled, you do not map your volumes to host LUNs.
- Select a volume: You can map the new volume based on previous settings. You can also select other volumes.
Click Run to complete the configuration process.