• CSG has been widely applied. Here are some simple use cases:
• File gateway
- You need to build a large-capacity NAS instance with limited local storage.
- You need to store a large number of files on the cloud and expect that the files will be accessed through a file system so that you will not have to modify the code.
- You need to access the same set of files in multiple IDCs with NAS.
• Block gateway
- You need to back up data to the cloud using backup software that supports iSCSI efficient transmission.
- You need to import and store video streams to storage volumes through iSCSI.
As a lightweight storage gateway, CSG can be deployed in your own IDC as well as in the cloud. For more information about the deployment procedures, see the Quick Start Guide.