This topic describes how to install SharePoint 2016.
- An Alibaba Cloud account is created. To create an Alibaba Cloud account, go to the account registration page.
- An instance that runs Windows Server 2012 is created.
- Basic configurations:
- Windows Server 2012.
- CPU: 4 vCPUs. Memory: 8 GB. You can design the architecture and purchase ECS instances based on your actual environments.
- Software environment:
- SQL server 2012 express
- SharePoint 2016
- Required component: .NET Framework 3.5 for installing SQL Server.
- When you install .NET Framework 3.5, an error may occur at the Add Roles and Features step. For more information about how to fix this issue, see What do I do if I am unable to install .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016?
- For more information about the required components of SharePoint, see Microsoft documentation. The system will prompt that you must install dependencies when you install SharePoint. If you fail to install the dependencies, you cannot install SharePoint.
- Connect to the instance. For more information, see Overview.
- Build an Active Directory (AD) domain.Note Modify the Security Identifier (SID) before you add a client to a domain. In this topic, only one ECS instance is used to install SharePoint. Therefore, all roles and features are assigned to the instance. In your actual running environment, do not install SQL Server, AD, and a SharePoint server on the same instance.
- Install SQL Server 2012 Express.Use the default method to install SQL Server. In this topic, the Express edition is used in the test environment. Take note of the following items:Note
- The Express edition has TCP/IP disabled by default. You must manually enable the protocol.
- The Express edition may have no console. You must install an SQL management tool.
- We recommend that you use the SQL Server Enterprise edition that provides more features than the Express edition.
- Install SharePoint 2016.
- Install the required components of SharePoint.Note To use the installation wizard, your instance must be authorized to access the Internet. If not, you must download the components and run commands to install these components. For more information, see Microsoft documentation.
- Restart the instance, run the SharePoint 2016 installation wizard, enter the product
key, and then click Continue.Start to install SharePoint 2016.
- Run the SharePoint configuration wizard.
- Click Create a new server farm, and click Next.
- Specify configuration database settings and the database access account.
- Specify the server role.
- Specify the port number for the SharePoint Central Administration web application and configure security settings.
- Complete the configurations in the wizard and start to install SharePoint.
- Click Finish.
After you install SharePoint, you can configure the server farm in the SharePoint Central Administration web application. When you configure the server farm, we recommend that you enable only the required services. Otherwise, unnecessary memory pressure may be incurred.
- Install the required components of SharePoint.