This topic describes the environment that is used to test the performance of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- The ECS and RDS instances that you use for testing must reside in the same zone of the same region. All the tests must be performed in Zone I of the China (Hangzhou) region.
- The ECS and RDS instances that you use for testing must use the VPC network type and reside in the same VPC.
- The ECS instance that you use for testing must meet the following requirements:
Note The ECS instance uses high specifications to ensure that it does not limit the optimal performance of the RDS instance during testing.
- The ECS instance must use the ecs.g6.8xlarge instance type.
- The ECS instance must run the 64-bit CentOS 7.4 operating system.
- The RDS instance that you use for testing must meet the following requirements:
- The RDS instance must use local SSDs.
- The RDS instance must belong to the general-purpose instance family.
- The RDS instance must use the default parameter template that is designed for ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL in the High-availability Edition equipped with the InnoDB storage engine. For more information, see Manage the parameters of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance by using a parameter template.