This topic describes how to build Microsoft SharePoint 2016 on an ECS instance.
You must have an Alibaba Cloud account before you follow the instructions provided in the tutorial. To create an Alibaba Cloud account, click Create an Alibaba Cloud account.
Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server (Microsoft SharePoint) is a portal development environment that allows enterprises to develop intelligent portals. Microsoft SharePoint can be seamlessly integrated with knowledge bases and individual users and teams can easily connect to the environment. Microsoft SharePoint empowers your business by means of efficient information processing. Microsoft SharePoint provides an enterprise-wide service solution. Based on the feature of integrating enterprise applications, you can flexibly choose deployment options and management tools to integrate information from various systems into this solution.
The procedure described in this topic is applicable to users that are familiar with ECS instances and Windows Server operating systems.
- Operating system: Windows Server 2012 R2 DataCenter
- Database: SQL Server 2014 SP1
- CPU: 4 vCPUs
- Memory: 8 GB
Step 1: Add the AD, DHCP, DNS, and IIS services
To add the Active Directory (AD), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Internet Information Services (IIS) services, follow these steps:
- Purchase an ECS instance. For more information, see Create an instance by using the wizard.
- Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
- Add roles and features of DNS, DHCP, IIS, and .NET Framework3.5.
- Click Add roles and features.
- Add the AD, DHCP, and DNS services. Select Active Directory Domain Services, DHCP Server, and DNS Server, and click Next.
- Add the IIS service. Select Web Server IIS, and click Next.
- In the Features section, select .NET Framework 3.5 Features.
- Click Next until the end of installation.
- Click Add roles and features.
- Configure the AD service. Click Add a new forest, and enter a domain name in the Root domain name field to create a domain environment.
- Set the password, and click Next until the end of the configuration.
- Click Complete DHCP configuration to set the DHCP feature.
- Check the DHCP configuration description, and click Next.
- Keep the default configuration, and click Commit to complete the installation.
Step 2: Install SQL Server 2014
To install the SQL Server 2014 database, follow these steps:
- Install SQL Server 2014 SP1, go to the SQL Server Installation Center window, and
click the first installation option.
- Enter the product key, and click Next.
- Accept the license terms, and click Next.
- Complete the installation check, and click Next.
- Keep the default option, and click Next.
- Click Select All to select all features, and click Next.
- Configure the SQL Server instance: Click Default instance to use the default instance ID.
- Specify the account names and passwords for SQL Server Database Engine and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Click Add Current User to add the current user, and click Next.
- Click Add Current User to add the current user again, and click Next.
- Click Next until the end of the installation.
Step 3: Install SharePoint 2016
To install SharePoint 2016, follow these steps:
- Install the SharePoint 2016 prerequisite installer: Open the image folder, and double-click
the executable file of the prerequisite installer.
- In the installation wizard, click Next.
- Accept the license terms, and install necessary components.
- Open the Setup.exe file, enter the product key in the dialog box that appears, accept the license terms, and then click Continue.
- Specify the installation directory, or keep the default setting as shown in this example, and then click Install Now.
- At the end of the installation, select Run the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard now and close the wizard.
Step 4: Configure SharePoint 2016
To configure SharePoint 2016, follow these steps:
- Select Create a new server farm.
- Specify configuration database settings and the database access account. The database is installed on the local host. Therefore, you must specify the local IP address as the database server.
- Specify the server role.
- Select Specify port number, and enter 10000 in the field. You can also specify another port number as needed.
- Check the configurations and click Next.
Now, you can open the SharePoint Central Administration Web application.