In this use case, a leader in the apparel industry adopted an ARMS-based hybrid cloud solution to build a real-time monitoring system for its retail business.
- The original monitoring platform for this customer adopted a traditional commercial OLAP database, with considerable license expenditure.
- Moreover, it cannot meet business needs at either horizontal scalability or real-timeliness.
The following figure shows the overall architecture.
- Transaction logs are uploaded in real time to Loghub of Alibaba Cloud Log Service using the Logtail Agent.
- ARMS monitors Loghub interconnected with the service in real time for computing and storage, and uses its self-contained interactive dashboard to perform real-time analysis and view sales business data. It provides the following functions:
- Computing orchestration and storage: Extracts detailed data of each transaction from logs, including data on the total price and number of items, and then aggregates the data according to multiple dimensions, such as the transaction location, sales company name, and customer membership information.
- Interactive presentation: Presents sales status and analysis on various types of drill-down cases according to multiple dimensions, such as region, outlet, member, and product category.
- The data generated by ARMS is delivered to the downstream DataV component for big screen presentation.
- It decreases the total costs of operation (TCO) by hundreds of times, and achieves high timeliness multidimensional analysis. It can not only help you grasp frontline sales details in real time, but also help you face challenges using sales and inventory configuration policies.
- It can also meet the needs for multiple scenarios: The fancy DataV dashboard is used for overall presentation in the monitoring room, and the interactive ARMS dashboard is used for in-depth troubleshooting.