If you have traditional active/standby requirements, where one backend server is used as the master server and the other is used as the slave server, create a master-slave server group. When the master server works normally, requests are distributed to it; when the master server is down, the requests will be distributed to the slave server to avoid service interruption.
- You have created an SLB instance.
- You have created ECS instances and deploy applications to process distributed requests.
|Only Layer-4 listeners (TCP and UDP protocols) support configuring master-slave server groups.|
- Log on to the SLB console.
- On the Instances page, select a region.
- Click the ID of an SLB instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- On the Master-Slave Server Group page, click Master-Slave Server Group.
- In the Master-Slave Server Group dialog box, complete these steps:
- Enter a group name in the Group Name field.
- Select the network type for the ECS instance you want to add.
- In the Available Servers, select the ECS instances to add.
- In the Selected Servers list, enter the port number and weight for each added ECS instance, and then select one ECS instance as the slave server. Click Confirm.