You can change a Pay-As-You-Go instance to a Subscription instance.
- Think twice before such a conversion, because a Subscription instance cannot be converted back to a Pay-As-You-Go instance.
- Within the contract period of a Subscription instance, you can only upgrade it but cannot downgrade or release it.
- After the conversion is successful, the Subscription billing method is immediately applied. For more information, see Pricing.
- An order is generated when you change a Pay-As-You-Go instance to a Subscription instance. The conversion takes effect only after you pay for the order. If you leave the order unpaid, the order is displayed on the Orders page and you cannot purchase new instances or change billing methods of instances.
- If you upgrade an instance when its billing method change order is unpaid, you cannot pay for the order any more because the order amount is insufficient. Invalidate the order and change the billing method again.
- If you do not want to pay for an order, invalidate it on the Orders page.
- You are the owner of the instance.
- The instance type is not a history instance type. For more information, see Instance type overview.
Note A Pay-As-You-Go instance of a history type cannot be converted to a Subscription instance. To change the billing method for a Pay-As-You-Go instance of a history type, change the instance type to a new type first. For operation details, see Change configurations.
- The billing method of the instance is Pay-As-You-Go, and the instance status is Running.
Note After you submit the order, if the instance status changes (for example, to the Locked state), payment will fail. You can pay for the order only when the instance status restores to Running.
- There is no unfilled billing method change order (namely, new Subscription instance order) of an instance .
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the region where the target instance is located.
- Click the instance ID to enter the Basic Information page.
- In the Status area, click Subscription Billing.
- Select the subscription period.
- Click Pay Now and pay for the order.