You can downgrade the instance type of a subscription instance in real time. Start the instance after it is downgraded to make the change take effect.
- The billing method of the instance is subscription.
- Your account has no overdue payments for the instance.
- The instance is in the Stopped (
- The instance is not expired, to be released, or locked.
- The instance has no ongoing downgrade or renewal process.
A downgrade may result in a refund. You can calculate the refund amount by using the following formula: Refund amount = Remaining amount of the configuration fee before the downgrade - Price of the new configurations.
- Whether the downgrade feature is supported depends on your ECS usage.
- You can only downgrade the instance type of one subscription instance in real time at a time.
- You can only downgrade a subscription instance to instance types with lower specifications. You cannot upgrade subscription instances to instance types of equal or higher specifications.
- Each subscription instance can be downgraded a maximum of three times. Downgrade operations include instance specifications downgrades, bandwidth downgrades, and the change of the disk billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- You must wait at least five minutes between two consecutive downgrade operations.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target instance. Click Upgrade/Downgrade in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Downgrade and Instance Type. Click Continue.
- Select an instance type, confirm the refund amount, and then select ECS Service Terms .
- Click Downgrade Now.
- Start the ECS instance.