If you no longer require a key pair, you can delete it. Note that a deleted key pair is not recoverable. Existing instances that have used the key pair are not affected, and the deleted key pair name remains associated to the instance.
- If you delete a key pair that is still bound to an instance, its name is not available for you to create or import a key pair again. Otherwise, an error message “The key pair already exists” appears when you are using the same name to create or import a key pair.
- If you delete a key pair that is not bound to an instance, its name is still available for you to create or import a key pair again.
Follow these steps to delete one or more key pairs:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- Select one or more key pairs.
- Click Delete.