This topic describes how to create an SSH key pair in the ECS console. After a key pair is created, immediately download and save its private key to a safe location. To log on to an ECS instance that is bound with a key pair, you must have the private key. You can have maximum of 500 key pairs in a region.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click Create SSH Key Pair.
- Enter a key pair name and set Creation Type to Auto-create.
The key pair name must be unique.
- Click OK.