This topic describes how to create an SSH key pair in the ECS console. After a key pair is created, you must immediately download and securely lock its private key away. To log on to an ECS instance that is bound with an SSH key pair, you must have the private key. You can have a maximum of 500 key pairs in a region.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click Create SSH Key Pair.
- On the Create SSH Key Pair page, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description SSH Key Pair Name The key pair name must be unique. The name must be 2 to 128 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, and the following special characters: periods (.), underscores (_), hyphens (-), and colons (:). It must start with a letter. Creation Type You can select one of the following methods of creating SSH key pairs: We recommend that you select Auto-create and save the private key in a timely manner.
- Auto-create: The system automatically creates a key pair for you. Download the private key immediately after it is created. You cannot download the private key at any time afterwards.
- Import: You can import a Base64-encoded public key.
Tag You can bind one or more tags to a key pair to facilitate resource search and aggregation. For more information, see Overview.
- Click OK.