This topic explains how to create and use a standard template.
All monitoring jobs in ARMS contain the following configuration attributes:
Using the standard template, ARMS can automatically generate log cleansing rules (if any), dataset configuration, alarm configuration, and interactive dashboard according to the template content, thus quickly generating a comprehensive solution for the corresponding job.
NOTE: You still need to manually add some configurations to your monitoring job created based on the standard template.
- Data source: You must manually configure the data source for the monitoring job created based on the standard template.
- Data cleansing: In some cases, for example, if the job is created based on the Nginx template to monitor Nginx logs under default configurations, you do not need to modify the job. However, if you want to monitor the sales information of your retail commodities based on the retail industrial template, you must modify the log cleansing rules to help ARMS understand the formats of data, such as the sales volume, stores, and commodities, in the data source.
- Other configurations: In most cases, you do not need to modify other configurations. Compared to other monitoring products, ARMS has the advantage that all configuration attributes of each monitoring job can be customized. Therefore, if an enterprise has extended requirements, you can also modify the dataset, alarms, or dashboard.
On the Jobs page of the ARMS console, choose Create Monitoring Job > Create Standard Template Monitoring Job in the upper-right corner.
Select and configure the standard template to be imported, and click Create and Configure. For example, select the simplified version of the Nginx template, as shown in the following figure:
- The text in the dialog box is an introduction to the standard template.
- Job 1: Enter the name of the monitoring job.
- Dashboard 1: Enter the name of the dashboard.
NOTE: The job name and dashboard name of a new job must be different from existing ones.
In the New Config Success dialog box, click Close to confirm that configuration of the standard template is completed, and the related monitoring job and interactive dashboard are created.
Return to the Jobs page, and click Start on the right of the monitoring job to start this job.