This topic describes how to use MaxCompute Studio to view tables, views, functions, and resources in projects.
In the Project Explorer tool window, you can view tables, views, functions, and resources in MaxCompute projects that are connected.
Browse and update project data
- Go to the MaxCompute Studio page. In the left-side navigation pane, click Project Explorer to view your connected MaxCompute project.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the left side of the Tables & Views, Functions, or Resources node to view all tables, views, functions, or resources in the project.
Note To perform this operation, you must have the
DESC TABLEpermission on the MaxCompute project.
- In the toolbar, click the icon to update the local metadata.
Note MaxCompute Studio downloads the metadata of MaxCompute projects to a local device. When the metadata of a MaxCompute project is updated, you must trigger a refresh to reload the changed metadata to the local device.
View details about tables or views
- In the Tables & Views node tree, click a table name to expand the node. You can then view the columns and column types of the table.
- Right-click the table name and select Show table detail to view the table details. The table details include the owner, size, column information, and schema of the table.
- Right-click the table name and select Find usages to query the scripts in which the table is used.
View function details
- In the Functions node tree, click the UserDefined node to view the functions that you have created.
Note The Builtin node under the Functions node tree classifies the built-in functions of the system. You can double-click a function to display the usage notes of the function. For more information about the built-in functions, see Builtin functions.
- Double-click a function to display the code of the function.