This topic describes how to install MaxCompute Studio in IntelliJ IDEA.
- The client runs a Windows, macOS, or Linux operating system.
- IntelliJ IDEA 2018.2.4 or later is installed on the client. The Ultimate, PyCharm, and free Community editions are supported.
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 is installed. The latest version of IntelliJ IDEA is bundled with JRE 1.8. If you are using IntelliJ IDEA of the latest version, you do not need to separately install JRE 1.8
- Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.8 is installed. JDK 1.8 is required only if you want to develop and debug user-defined functions (UDFs) in Java.
Note MaxCompute Studio version 0.28.0 and later support JDK 1.9. The earlier versions of MaxCompute Studio support only JDK 1.8.
- Install MaxCompute Studio online by using the plug-in library. We recommend that you use this method.
- Install MaxCompute Studio by using local files.
(Recommended) Install MaxCompute Studio online
MaxCompute Studio is available to all Internet users. You can install it by using the official IntelliJ plug-in library.
- In the top navigation bar, choose .
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Settings dialog box, click Plugins.
- In the Plugins dialog box, search for MaxCompute Studio.
- Find MaxCompute Studio and click Install.
- Restart IntelliJ IDEA to complete the installation.
Install MaxCompute Studio by using local files
You can download MaxCompute Studio to your computer and install it.
- Go to the MaxCompute Studio page to download the plug-in package.
- In the top navigation bar of IntelliJ IDEA, choose
- In the Plugins dialog box, click Install plugin from disk.
- In the Choose Plugin File dialog box, select the downloaded plug-in file and click OK.
- Go to the Plugins dialog box and click OK.
- After the installation is complete, click Restart in the message that prompts you to restart IntelliJ IDEA.