IntelliJ IDEA can be installed on Windows, Mac, Linux. For more information about the hardware and system environment requirements, click here . IntelliJ IDEA-based MaxCompute Studio can also be installed on clients running these operating systems.
MaxCompute Studio has the following requirements on the your environment:
- A client running Windows, macOS, or Linux.
- IntelliJ IDEA 14.1.4 or a later version is installed. (The Ultimate version, PyCharm version, and free Community version are supported.)
- JRE 1.8 is installed. (JRE 1.8 has been bound to the latest IntelliJ IDEA.)
- JDK 1.8 is installed. (Optional: JDK is required if you need to develop and debug Java UDF.)
Note The client supports JDK 1.9 from the 0.28.0 version. The previous version only supports JDK 1.8.
MaxCompute Studio is a plugin of IntelliJ IDEA, which can be installed using either of the following two methods:
- Online installation using the plugin library (recommended)
- Installation using a local file
Online installation (recommended)
MaxCompute Studio The MaxCompute Studio plugin has been opened for all users on the Internet. You can install MaxCompute Studio using the official IntelliJ IDEA plugin library.Procedure
- Open the plugin configuration page on IntelliJ IDEA. (If you are a Windows/Linux user, choose If you are a macOS user, ).
Click Browse repositories… and search for
On the MaxCompute Studio plugin page, click Install.
After the installation is confirmed, restart IntelliJ IDEA to complete installation.
MaxCompute Studio MaxCompute Studio can also be installed in a local environment.Procedure
Go to the MaxCompute Studio plugin page to download the plugin package.
Run IntelliJ IDEA.
If you access IntelliJ IDEA for the first time, a welcome page is displayed. Click Configure and select Plugins from the shortcut menu, as shown in the following figure.
If you have accessed IntelliJ IDEA before, chooseenter the same page, as shown in the following figure.
On the Plugins page, click Install plugin from disk…, as shown in the following figure.
In the displayed window, click the gray icon before a directory for navigation, find the plugin file, select it, and click OK.
Return to the Plugins page and click OK to install the local plugin.
After the installation is complete, a dialog box is displayed, prompting you to restart IntelliJ IDEA. Click Restart.
After IntelliJ IDEA is restarted, the page is displayed as shown in the following figure.
Now, you know how to install the MaxCompute Studio plugin. Continue to the next tutorial. In the tutorial, you will learn how to configure a MaxCompute project connection to manage data and resources. For more information, see Create a MaxCompute project connection.