You can view information about your MaxCompute project on MaxCompute Studio only after you connect MaxCompute Studio to your project. The project information includes tables, views, user-defined functions (UDFs), and resources. This topic describes how to create and modify MaxCompute project connections.
Step 1: Create a MaxCompute Studio project
- Start IntelliJ IDEA. In the main menu bar, choose .
- In the left-side navigation pane of the New Project dialog box, click MaxCompute Studio. Then, click Next.
- Specify Project name and click Finish. Note If a project is open, a dialog box appears and asks whether you want to open the new project in a new window or the current window. In this case, click This Window.
Step 2: Connect to a MaxCompute project
- In the main menu bar, choose .
- In the upper-left corner, click the plus sign (+) and select Add project from accessId/Key.
- In the Add MaxCompute project dialog box, configure the parameters on the Connection tab. Note
- In the lower-left corner, click the icon to view online documentation.
- If a timeout error occurs, click the Setting tab and modify the following parameters:
- sync one table timeout(s): the timeout period for table synchronization. Default value: 5. Unit: seconds.
- sync one function timeout(s): the timeout period for function synchronization. Default value: 30. Unit: seconds.
- Use the configuration file to automatically configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Properties File The directory where the configuration file odps_config.ini of the MaxCompute client (odpscmd) is saved. For more information, see Install and configure the MaxCompute client. The configuration file is used to initialize the settings of the Access Id, Access Key, Project Name, and End Point parameters. AK Account The Alibaba Cloud account that is used to connect to the MaxCompute project. You can click the plus sign (+) and select an existing account on the Accounts page.Note If no accounts exist, you must click the plus sign (+) and select Aliyun Account By AccessKey to add an account on the Accounts page. You can manually add an account or use the configuration file to automatically add it. For more information about the Accounts page, see Accounts configuration items.
- Manually configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Access Id The AccessKey ID that is used to connect to the MaxCompute project. Access Key The AccessKey secret that is used to connect to the MaxCompute project. Project Name The name of the MaxCompute project.Note This parameter specifies the name of your MaxCompute project rather than that of the DataWorks workspace to which the project corresponds. Log on to the MaxCompute console and view the name of your project and the DataWorks workspace to which the project corresponds on the Project management tab. End Point The endpoint of the MaxCompute project.
- Click OK. The Project Explorer page shows information about the MaxCompute project, including the tables, views, UDFs, and resources.
Step 3: Modify the connection to a MaxCompute project
- On the Project Explorer page, right-click the MaxCompute project whose connection you want to modify and
select Modify project properties.
- In the Modify MaxCompute project dialog box, modify the configurations of the MaxCompute project.