You can create or purchase an AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance:
- Purchase an instance on the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL buy page.
- Create an instance in the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
This topic describes how to create an instance in the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console. You can add or remove instances in the console.
- You have an Alibaba Cloud account. To create an Alibaba Cloud account, go to the Alibaba Cloud official website.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Create Instance. The AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL buy page appears.
- Select Subscription or Pay-As-You-Go as the billing method.
Note You can change the billing method of an instance from pay-as-you-go to subscription. You cannot change the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go.
- Pay-as-you-go: A pay-as-you-go instance is charged on an hourly basis based on your actual resource usage. We recommend that you select this billing method for short-term use. You can release the instance that is no longer used. This helps you reduce costs.
- Subscription : You must pay an upfront subscription fee when you create the instance. We recommend that you select this billing method for long-term use because it is more cost-effective than the pay-as-you-go billing method. Larger discounts are provided for longer subscription periods.
- Configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Region
Select a region to deploy the instance. You cannot change the region after the instance is created.
- To maximize the access speed, we recommend that you select a region in close proximity to the geographic location of your users.
- Make sure that the instance is deployed in the same region as the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance to which you want to connect. Otherwise, the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance and the ECS instance cannot communicate through an internal network to achieve optimal performance.
Select a zone to deploy the instance. Each zone is considered a physical location. Zones within a region are independent of each other. No differences exist among these zones.
You can deploy your instance and ECS instance in the same zone or in different zones.
Network Type The network type of the instance. The default value is VPC. A virtual private cloud (VPC) is an isolated virtual network that provides higher security and better performance than a classic network. Before you specify this parameter, make sure that you have created a VPC and a VSwitch that are deployed in the same region as the instance. For more information, see Create a VPC network. VPC Select a VPC. VSwitch Select a VSwitch in the specified VPC. Engine Version
Only 6.0 is supported.
Node Cores Select the specifications of the computing resources. Different node types have different storage capacities and computing capabilities. For more information about specifications, see Instance specifications for AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL. Node Num Set the number of nodes in the instance. An instance must contain at least two nodes. The performance of an instance scales linearly with the number of nodes. Storage Type Select SSD or hdd. SSD outperforms HDD in the read/write performance whereas the latter is more cost-effective.
- After you configure the parameters, click Buy Now.
- On the Confirm Order page, select the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL Service Agreement check box, and click Activate to settle the payment.
- Verify that the instance is created on the Instances page.
Note Wait until the instance enters the Running state to manage the instance.
|CreateDBInstance||Creates an instance.|