You can create or purchase a AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance by using one of the following methods:
- Purchase an instance on the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL Purchase Page.
- Create an instance in the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
In order to facilitate you to increase and decrease the instance on the console, this article takes the Alibaba Cloud AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL database management console as an example, describes the steps to create a AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL instance in detail.
You must have registered to an Alibaba Cloud account. If you are not already registered, go to the Alibaba Cloud website to register.
- Log on to the AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL console.
- Click Create Instance.
Choose a billing method, AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL supports two billing methods:
Note Pay-As-You-Go instances can be changed to Prepayment. Prepayment cannot be changed to Pay-As-You-Go instances.
- Pay-As-You-Go: post-payment, that is, deduction by hour. Suitable for short-term use, you can immediately release examples after use for saving costs.
- Prepayment: It is the annual and monthly billing method, that is, you need to pay for the new instance. Suitable for long-term demand, the price is more affordable than Pay-As-You-Go, and the longer the purchase, the more discounts.
Select the instance configuration. The options include:
Region and zone: for guidance on how to select, see Regions and zones.
Engine: the database type. Only supports Storage Included.
Instance Class: the instance type. It is the unit of computing resources. Different classes have different storage spaces and computing capabilities. For details, see Instance types.
Instance Groups: the number of purchased instances. The minimum is two. More groups provide higher linear performance.
Confirm your order information, and then click Buy Now.
- In confirm order page, select AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL service agreement, and then click activate complete the order payment.
- Users are allowed in Instance list Page view new instance.
Note The instance initialization takes some time. You can perform subsequent operations only after the instance status becomes Running.
|CreateDBInstance||Creates a database instance.|