This topic describes how to create, modify, and delete a project in the Log Service console.
Create a project
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- Click Create Project in the Projects section.
- In the Create Project dialog box, set the required parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Project Name The unique name of the project in the selected region. The name cannot be modified after the project is created. Description The description of the project. Region The region to which the project belongs. We recommend that you select a region based on the log source.
For example, to collect logs of ECS instances, you can select the region where the ECS instances reside. Then, you can use the internal network of Alibaba Cloud to accelerate log data collection.
After you create a project, you cannot change its region or migrate the project to another region. For information about the endpoints of different regions, see Service endpoint.
Service Logs If you enable the service log feature for a project, all the logs generated under the project are stored in the project that you specify for Log Storage Location.
- If you select Detailed Logs, operations logs are stored in the specified project. The log data is billed based on the pay-as-you-go method.
- If you select Important Logs, the consumption delay logs of consumer groups, metering logs, and Logtail status logs are stored in the specified project. The logging feature is free of charge.
Log Storage Location After you enable the service log feature, you must specify the log storage location. Valid values:
- Automatic creation (recommended)
- Current Project
- Other projects in the same region that you select for the current project
- Click OK.
Modify a project
After a project is created, you can modify only the description of the project.
- Find the target project in the Projects section. Click Edit in the Actions column.
- In the Modify Project dialog box, modify the description of the project.
- Click OK.
Delete a project
- Log Service built-in projects, such as the projects that are automatically created when you activate the Log Audit Service application, cannot be deleted. In addition, the projects that are automatically created in Log Service when you enable relevant logging features in the console of Alibaba Cloud services cannot be deleted.
- After you delete a project, all logs and configurations of the project are permanently deleted. Proceed with caution.
- Find the target project in the Projects section. Click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Project dialog box, select the reason why you want to delete the project, and click OK.