This topic describes how to create and delete a project in the Log Service console.
Log Service is activated.
When you log on to the Log Service console for the first time, activate Log Service as prompted.
Create a project
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click Create Project.
- In the Create Project dialog box, set the required parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Project Name The name of the project. The name must be unique in a region and cannot be modified after the project is created. Description The description of the project. Region Select a region based on log sources. After you create a project, you cannot modify the region where the project resides or migrate the project to another region.
For example, to collect logs from an ECS instance, you can select the region where the ECS instance resides. Then, you can use the internal network of Alibaba Cloud to accelerate log collection.
- Click OK.
Delete a project
- In the Projects section, find the project that you want to delete, and then click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Project dialog box, select a reason in the Reason for Deletion section, and then click OK.