A project in Log Service is the resource management unit that is used to separate and manage different resources. This topic describes how to create and delete a project in the Log Service console.
Create a project
- Log on to the Log Service console.
- In the Projects section, click Create Project.
- In the Create Project panel, set the required parameters. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Project Name The name of the project. The name must be unique in a region and cannot be modified after the project is created. Description The description of the project. Region Select a region based on log sources. After you create a project, you cannot modify the region where the project resides or migrate the project to another region.
To collect logs from an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance, we recommend you select the region where the ECS instance resides. This way, you can use the internal network of Alibaba Cloud to accelerate log collection.
- Click OK.
View the endpoint of a project
After you create a project, you can view the endpoint of the project on the Overview page.
- In the Projects section, click the project.
- On the Overview page, view the endpoint of the project.
To access the projects in different regions, you must use different endpoints. To access the projects in the same region over a private network or the Internet, you must use different endpoints. For more information, see Endpoints.
Delete a project
- In the Projects section, find the project that you want to delete, and then click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Project panel, select a reason in the Reason for Deletion section, and then click OK.
Project-related API operations
|Create a project||CreateProject|
|Delete a project||DeleteProject|
|Query a project|
|Modify a project||UpdateProject|