Typical scenarios of Log Service include data collection, real-time computing, data warehousing and offline analysis, product operation and analysis, and Operation & Maintenance (O&M) and management. This document introduces some typical scenarios. For more scenarios, see Best practices.
Data collection and consumption
The LogHub function of Log Service enables access to massive real-time log data (including Metric, Event, BinLog, TextLog, and Click data) at the lower costs.
Advantages of the solution:
- Easy to use: Over 30 real-time data collection methods are provided for you to quickly build your platform. The powerful configuration and management capabilities can ease O&M workload. Nodes are available across China and the rest of the world.
- Auto scaling: It helps easily cope with traffic peaks and business growth.
LogHub can interconnect with various real-time computing and services, provides complete progress monitoring and alarm notification functions, and supports SDK/API-based custom consumption.
- Easy to operate: It provides various SDKs and programming frameworks and can interconnect with various stream computing engines seamlessly.
- Comprehensive functions: Rich monitoring data and delay alarm functions are provided.
- Auto scaling: PB-grade elasticity and zero latency.
LogShipper ships LogHub data to storage services and supports various storage formats such as compression, user-defined partitions, row storage, and column storage.
- Massive data: No upper limit is configured for the amount of data.
- Rich storage formats: Various storage formats are supported, such as row storage, column storage, and TextFile.
- Flexible configuration: Configurations such as user-defined partitions are supported.
Real-time query and analysis of logs
LogAnalytics supports indexing LogHub data in real time and provides rich query methods such as keywords, fuzzy match, context, range, and SQL aggregation.
- Strong real-timeliness: Data can be queried after being written.
- Massive amount and low cost: Supports PB/day indexing capabilities, and the cost is 15% of the self-built solution.
- Strong analysis capabilities: Supports multiple query methods. Supports SQL aggregation and analysis. Visualization and alarm notification functions are provided.