We can obtain a commodity sales trade table by using the Quick BI.
- Click Console > Workspace to go to Quick BI.
- Select a workspace to enter a workspace workbench.
When using Quick BI to analyze data, you must specify the data source for raw data. After adding data sources, you can use tables of different data sources as datasets and classify and filter data. After adding a data source, you can use a tables in the data source to create the dataset. The following uses adding a MySQL data source as an example.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Choose , to go to the data source management page.
- Switch to a workspace by clicking the Switch icon.
- Click Create > MySQL, to add a new data source.
- Enter the connection information, as shown in the following figure.
Note The following figure only shows an example to add a data source, please enter the information based on an existing environment.
- Name: Enter a display name
- Host name: rm-bp180925lcrm7xtc6.mysql.rds.aliyuncs.com (To obtain the host name, see Setup Quick BI with ApsaraDB for RDS.)
- Port: Default 3306
- Database: bi_demo
- User name: bi_demo
- Password: Database password
- Click Test Connection to test whether the database can be connected.
- Click Add. The data source is added.
- On the right of the data source list, locate the data table that you want, such as the company_sales_record table.
- Click Create Dataset, to create a new dataset.
After the dataset is created, the dataset page is automatically displayed.
The columns in the workbook are classified into dimensions and measurements based on certain rules. Generally, columns of the String type are in the dimension category, while columns of the Double or Bigint type are in the measurement category. You can select columns from the dimension and measurement categories as the rows or columns of the workbook and configure appropriate filtering criteria.
- Click Workbooks to enter the workbook management page.
- Click Create > Workbook icon, the workbook editing page is displayed.
- Click Select All icon, or the data cannot be displayed normally.
You can also select the scope to be displayed on the workbook, and the data can be displayed in partitions. For more information, see Area show.
- Locate the dataset company_sales_record and double-click the product type field and the order quantity field, as shown in the following figure.
- Click Update, the data content is automatically update.
- Click Save, and select a location to store the workbook.
In Quick BI Professional edition, you can save the current workbook to local directory.
- Enter Commodity sales trade table as a table title, and click OK.
If you have purchased a Quick BI professional edition, you can insert charts and widget in the workbook.
Currently, the workbook provides 8 charts and 1 widget to you. You can insert charts and widget to display data based on your actual needs.
- Click More, and select a chart. For example select a bar chart.
- In the workbook, Select data that needs to be used to make a chart.
- Click OK, the chart automatically displays in the workbook.
- In the chart, click the icon in the upper right corner, and select Refresh, Settings, and Delete functions.
- Click on the chart to drag the chart to other locations.
- Click Query editor to open the query menu.
- Click + to add a query widget.
- Click drop-down arrow to select a dataset.
- Select a field from the list of fields that you want to query, such as shipping costs, as shown in the following figure.
- Select a chart that the widget needs to work, the widget automatically displays on the top of the workbook. The widget is automatically displayed on the upper of the table.
Currently, the workbook supports Single-dataset and Multi-dataset, the following steps use the Single-dataset as an example.
- Click Settings icon in the widget, and set up a query range of the widget.
- Enter a query range value manually, and click OK.
- Click Search to filter the data.
- Click Delete icon in the widget to delete the current field, but the widget is still available.
- Click Delete icon in the query menu to delete the current widget.