By default, Object Storage Service (OSS) bills you by using the pay-as-you-go method after you activate OSS. For some billable items, you can purchase resource plans to deduct fees. You can purchase resource plans to deduct fees for different billable items based on your actual resource usage. Compared with pay-as-you-go, resource plans deliver more discounts.
Deduction rules of resource plans
The following table describes the resource plans supported by OSS and the rules based on which fees are deducted. A check sign (✓) indicates that resource plans of this type support the corresponding operation. A cross sign (×) indicates that resource plans of this type do not support the corresponding operation.
|Resource plan||Deductible fee||Upgrade resource plan||Renew resource plan||Purchase multiple resource plan|
|Storage plan for Standard locally redundant storage (LRS)||Fees for storage usage of Standard LRS: the fees incurred when you store Standard LRS objects in a bucket.||✓||✓||×|
|Storage plan for IA LRS||Fees for storage usage of Infrequent Access (IA) LRS: the fees incurred when you store IA LRS objects in a bucket.||✓||✓||×|
|Downstream traffic plan||Fees for outbound traffic over the Internet: the fees incurred when you browse or download data from OSS over the Internet.||×||✓||✓|
- Fees that cannot be deducted by resource plans, such as fees incurred by data processing, cross-region replication (CRR) traffic, requests, and object tagging, are billed on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- For more information about billable items and billing methods, see Overview.
- For more information about specifications and prices of resource plans, see OSS Resource Plan.
Purchase a resource plan
- Log on to the OSS Resource Plan page.
- On the purchase page, set parameters such as Plan Type, Region, Capacity, and Validity Period. Click Buy Now.
- Follow the purchase procedure to complete the payment.
|Storage plan for Standard LRS||All regions|
|Storage plan for IA LRS||All regions|
|Storage plan for Standard zone-redundant storage (ZRS)||All regions in mainland China|
|Storage plan for IA ZRS||All regions in mainland China|
|Downstream traffic plan||All regions|
|Transfer acceleration traffic plan||Acceleration AccM2MIn, Acceleration AccM2OOut, and Acceleration AccO2OIn|
Upgrade a resource plan
You can upgrade a resource plan based on your requirements. For more information, see Upgrade resource plans.
Renew a resource plan
You can renew a resource plans that is about to expire to extend the validity period of the resource plan. For more information, see Renew resource plans.
Example of resource plans
- 300 GB of Standard LRS objects, 110 GB of outbound traffic over the Internet, and 100,000 API requests in the China (Hangzhou) region.
- 100 GB of Standard LRS objects and 200 GB of Standard ZRS objects in the China (Shanghai) region.
|Region||Fees deducted by resource plans||Fees billed by using pay-as-you-go|
|China (Hangzhou)||Storage fees for 300 GB of Standard LRS objects (deducted by the storage plan of 500 GB for Standard LRS)||API operation calling fees for 100,000 API requests|
|Traffic fees for 100 GB of outbound traffic over the Internet (deducted by the downstream traffic plan of 100 GB)||Traffic fees for the remaining 10 GB of outbound traffic over the Internet|
|China (Shanghai)||Storage fees for 100 GB of Standard LRS objects (deducted by the storage plan of 500 GB for Standard LRS)||Storage fees for 200 GB of Standard ZRS objects|
- When does a resource plan take effect?
A resource plan takes effect immediately after the payment. However, overdue payments cannot be deducted by using the resource plan.
- What do I do after a resource plan expires?
If you fail to renew a resource plan when the resource plan expires, additional resource usage is charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- What do I do if the quota of a resource plan is exceeded?
If the resources you use exceed the quota of your resource plan, additional resource usage is charged on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Can I purchase multiple resource plans of the same type?
- You cannot purchase multiple storage plans of the same type within the same validity
You can purchase only one storage plan of a type within the same validity period. If you require a storage plan with a higher specification or longer validity period, you can upgrade or renew the existing storage plan.
- You can purchase multiple downstream traffic plans of the same type within the same validity period. You can renew your downstream traffic plans but cannot upgrade the plans.
- You cannot purchase multiple storage plans of the same type within the same validity period.