You can view the resources and monitoring data of an application group, including the monitoring data of different metrics, faulty resources that trigger alerts, alert history, and alert rules. In addition, you can perform related operations for resource monitoring. This type of centralized resource management allows you to receive alert notifications for faulty resources and handle faults in a timely manner.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application grouping tab of the Application Groups page, click the name or ID of the target application group.On the Application grouping tab, you can view all application groups in CloudMonitor and the health status of resources in each application group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Dashboards, Fault List, Event Monitor, Availability Monitoring, Group Process, Log Monitoring, Custom Monitoring, Alarm Logs, or Alarm Rule to view the monitoring data on the corresponding page.
On the Dashboards page, you can view the monitoring details of resources in the target application group. By default, the Dashboards page displays the monitoring data of the metrics frequently used in CloudMonitor. If you need to view more monitoring data or change the display mode of charts, you can change the chart type or customize charts.You can click Add Monitoring Chart on the CustomChart tab to add charts.Note If you need to monitor the metrics for Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances, install the CloudMonitor agent on ECS instances. For more information, see CloudMonitor Java agent introduction.
- Fault ListOn the Fault List page, you can view all the resources with active alerts in the target application group. This allows you to get an overview of all unhealthy instances and handle faults in a timely manner.Note
- If multiple metrics of a resource have alerts, the Fault List page displays multiple entries for the resource. Each entry in the fault list indicates a metric of a resource that triggers alerts.
- If you disable an alert rule with active alerts, the entries for the resources to which the alert rule is applied disappear from the Fault List page.
- Event Monitor
On the Event Monitor page, you can view system events and custom events in the target application group, and create, delete, or modify alert rules for events. You can view the events that are reported in the last 90 days.
- Availability Monitoring
On the Availability Monitoring page, you can view, create, modify, delete, enable, and disable availability monitoring tasks in the target application group.
- Group Process
On the Group Process page, you can view, create, modify, and delete processes in the target application group.
- Log Monitoring
On the Log Monitoring page, you can view, create, modify, or delete log monitoring metrics in the target application group.
- Custom Monitoring
On the Custom Monitoring page, you can view all custom monitoring records in the target application group and create or delete alert rules.
- Alarm Logs
On the Alarm Logs page, you can view all alerts triggered based on alert rules of the target application group. You can view the alerts that are triggered in a maximum of 14 consecutive days. If the interval between the start time and end time exceeds 14 days, a message appears, asking you to reselect the time again.
- Alarm Rule
On the Alarm Rule page, you can view, disable, enable, and modify alert rules of the target application group.